Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LeatherPro vs Conleys saddlebag

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2012, 11:03 AM
fighthedude
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LeatherPro vs Conleys saddlebag

How is everyone doing? Been a while since I been here cause I scored a new job. Everyone seems to be doing well. HogPro bike still making us all look bad. Couple of questions. Seems that LeatherPro and Conleys are both making retro FXDXT saddlebags. Do we have any comparisons on the two? Also if you have your turn signals in the stock location are you going to have to make some changes to make the bag work? I am running bullet LED but in the same location. Also have my license plate moved to the axle to clean up the rear fender? Has anyone purchased the retro T-Sport fairing from Conleys yet or are there any other companys making them as well? Would like to hear a review. Would not mind upgrading the bike in the near future. Now whether to pimp the engine or go cosmetic? Anyone with info/answers it would be greatly appreciated. Cheers

Old 11-08-2012, 11:12 AM
gnstalodz
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I go bags from Garry (Leatherpro) and they are top notch. I am very happy with my purchase and he's a well respect man in the motorcycle/bag industry. His patenting quick release system is the best I've seen.

I have not held Conleys bags, so my review about his is all I've seen in pictures. And that you an see for yourself.

HogPro is working on a review of all 3 Tsport bags, originals, Conleys, and Leatherpros. He would be one only man I know who owns all three, and give a honest review.

Old 11-08-2012, 11:34 AM
07bobber
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

Hogpro posted in his thread he wont be giving a review since he's been told by his boss "no more saddlebag talk" lol

i ve seen Hogpros bags from conely up close and they are a lot nicer in person than some of the pics floating around the forum. i havent ever seen another set of his bags besides the ones hanging off conelys bike.

if your into a lot of traveling and pack A LOT of stuff than conelys bags are the better choice. you can still fit a lot into the leatherpro bags also but they dont expand as far as the conely bags.

i chose the leatherpro bags because Garry has been making saddle bags in house in the US for many years he has a 5 yr warranty/ 30 day money back guarantee.

im blown away by the quality of the leatherpro bags and wouldnt hesitate to buy another set in the future. The quick release mounting system he uses is top notch and very rigid. no movement at all.

Old 11-08-2012, 11:51 AM
El Rey
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I've seen more Leather Pros bags on bikes than Conely's...

Old 11-08-2012, 11:54 AM
fighthedude
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

copy that. What you guys doing about your turn signals?

Old 11-08-2012, 11:59 AM
07bobber
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

my turn signals are integrated with the tail light, but they will have to be relocated if your running stock signals...

Old 11-08-2012, 12:06 PM
gnstalodz
Road Captain

Originally Posted by fighthedude
copy that. What you guys doing about your turn signals?
I dont have them

Old 11-08-2012, 12:09 PM
gnstalodz
Road Captain

ps since Hogpro isn't doing a review, I'll voice my opinion

Leatherpros is the way to go. Man of his word, been in the business for years. Conleys bags appear to sag in pictures, but I've been told that they don't. Quick release is a huge plus.

Old 11-08-2012, 06:43 PM
parts eeter
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I bought the LeatherPro FXDX bags and am happy with them. I havent had a chance to install them due to work/family obligations but the material looks super heavy duty, nice zippers, patented locking brackets, a partial floor so they dont sag when loaded or unloaded, and the lids look nice.

Garry has been making bags for a living so I trusted him with my cash. I am extremely happy that a reputable company like LeatherPros decided to take on this project.

Old 11-08-2012, 07:03 PM
DanDman
Road Warrior
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

I can offer a unbiased review. Everyone interested chip in, buy a set of bags from each Mfg. Have them drop shipped to me, and I'll share my findings. A bagless fellow forum member.

Quick Reply: LeatherPro vs Conleys saddlebag