Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Progreesive drop in fork springs

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2013, 05:07 PM
buzzard53
Intermediate
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Progreesive drop in fork springs

Thought I would share results after installing Progressive drop in lower springs in my 09 SGC.
Install was very easy, total time about 45 min. very straight forward and only requires simple hand tools, torque wrench and bike lift.
I only took out 1" of height by cutting the supplied PVC spacers.
Didn't change the bikes' stance all that much but seemed to make it sit just about level. Stock jiffy stand needed no adjustment.
Could not detect any major difference in handling or turning but it was a very short ride. One thing very evident was a much smoother and comfortable ride quality. Forks felt like they absorbed bumps and rough road surfaces much better.
All in all not a bad upgrade, well worth the bucks.

Old 02-14-2013, 05:56 PM
ryderbiker
Road Warrior
Received 29 Likes on 12 Posts

They feel like that because you took preload out of the front end by cutting the spacers. Those springs are very close to what you had stock and could have spent $10 on PVC and done the same thing. I ran the same setup for about a year and a half.

Old 02-14-2013, 06:03 PM
rooti
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Could not detect any major difference in handling or turning
That was money well spent...enjoy

Old 02-14-2013, 08:51 PM
buzzard53
Intermediate

Originally Posted by rooti
That was money well spent...enjoy
I finished the sentence by saying it was just a short ride, Haven't yet had the chance to get it on the highway or on some twisties. Also said the ride comfort was much better, I guess you didn't read the entire post before deciding to comment.
I'll continue the post as weather and time permit more riding.
Just thought I would share info for all to see.
If the subject doesn't interest you thats cool too.

Old 02-14-2013, 11:51 PM
Tat2u
Road Warrior
Received 41 Likes on 38 Posts

tough crowd ha ha, i did the progressives quite a while ago and still got them but they never really helped very much... there are better mods with the ricors or gold tops, just haven't gotten around to it.

yeah enjoy mate and let us know what you think once you've ridden her a bit more

Old 02-15-2013, 12:01 AM
Gommee
Devil's Advocate
Received 36 Likes on 36 Posts

Glad it feels better for you!
They soften up a little as they wear in. I dropped mine by 2" due to being vertically challenged. It took a bit of riding to soften up, but I love the feeling of sitting in the bike and not on it. I added a set of Night Dragons with a 180 on the rear and she sticks to the road like glue.
Enjoy!

Old 02-15-2013, 12:30 AM
ryderbiker
Road Warrior
Received 29 Likes on 12 Posts

I didn't mean to sound like a dick with my comment. It's your bike and your money. I had the same set up when I first started making changes to my bike. If all you were looking for was to drop the bike and inch or two and have the front end feel different then it was $150 well spent. That kit lowers your bike by taking preload out of the front end, and the spring is the same weight as your stock spring. Maybe the soft section is a little longer, but they truly are charging you for a stock spring and a PVC spacer.

Old 02-15-2013, 11:36 AM
buzzard53
Intermediate

ryderbiker, I apprecaited your input, it was another comment that was kinda un-needed.
I've cut stock springs and spacers on other bikes before, but wanted to keep the stock HD springs and spacers as is in case I ever wanted switch back. No doubt there are other options out there but got a $ 100.00 deal on the Progressive set so thought I'd give them a try.

Old 02-15-2013, 01:17 PM
JaronB
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 17 Likes on 10 Posts

Mine changed things completely. I used the 2" PVC spacer and used AMSOIL shock therapy. My front end doesn't shudder anymore like going over railroad tracks. The break dive is minimal and the unload when you hit the throttle is gone. With the stock set up between breaking and hitting the gas my front end had a lot of movement till I did the progressive drop ins. Now it reacts when it's suppose to IMO.