Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Street Bob advice please.

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2013, 06:02 AM
re-volt
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Street Bob advice please.

hello all,

been riding a 2010 48 for almost 2 years, loved the machine, lots of upgrades and parts in it, until i found my self looking for rear suspension i decided to stop. all what i did was for the bike looks and performance and never really cared about comfortability because i didn't ride for a long distances.

so a street bob came by, i love the way it looks, it will out perform the sporster but is it comfortable? longest trip may be about a 100 miles but the asphalt isn't the best here.

any one have any idea about 54619-08 premium profile low rear suspension kit regarding comfortability?

thank you in advance.

Old 02-24-2013, 06:31 AM
blueridge
Tourer

re-volt,

Firstly...Welcome to the Forums.

Of course the Dyna family line of bikes themselves are all bikes you can take on long trips. The only thing I find different from the baggers and the Dyna line is the faring on the baggers "may" redirect winds some. But all in all when you ride a motorcycle you will have wind issues. Aside from that...all bikes can handle multiple days/hours riding. Some folks may have to make the bike "fit" them better. I did with my '12 Street Bob...for Forward controls and am in the process of putting on a sissy bar for another rider.

I will go so far to say both the Dyna and Softail...oh heck every bike in the HD lineup will be comfy for long trips and if needed small mods can be made to "fit" you. But I do not think the Sportster family would be that comfortable for long trips but I know some people do take long trip on sportsters.

Old 02-24-2013, 06:56 AM
2011FXDC
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Comfortable ? Yes.. 100 miles ? No problem at all. The only thing I would suggest is to get a set of highway pegs so you can switch positions. My commute to work is 50 miles one way and I do that all the time. Wife just got a new Street Bob and it is F'n awesome.. Compared to a 48, night and day difference. Trust me you will not be sorry.

Old 02-24-2013, 07:19 AM
Calvert760
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I agree with what everyone is saying about the Street Bob. I have 2006 Street Bob, and I've done 600 mile trips with no issues. But I did have to put a new seat and forward controls on because I'm 6'2 and mid controls werent comfortable. I highly recommend it!

Old 02-24-2013, 07:31 AM
EP50
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by re-volt
hello all,

been riding a 2010 48 for almost 2 years, loved the machine, lots of upgrades and parts in it, until i found my self looking for rear suspension i decided to stop. all what i did was for the bike looks and performance and never really cared about comfortability because i didn't ride for a long distances.

so a street bob came by, i love the way it looks, it will out perform the sporster but is it comfortable? longest trip may be about a 100 miles but the asphalt isn't the best here.

any one have any idea about 54619-08 premium profile low rear suspension kit regarding comfortability?

thank you in advance.
I'm not so sure on this statement. The power to weight ratio makes the sportster a formidable contender when it comes to performance. My wife had her 2010 Street Bob lowered using Burley shocks. No complaints in the area of comfort.

Old 02-24-2013, 10:12 AM
wt street bob
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i traded in a 2011 iron for my 2012 streetbob last march. i love the streetbob!! last weekend i put 630 miles on her. do highway pegs, a new seat, and get a detachable windshield and the streetbob will do everything you want. i absolutely LOVE mine!!

Old 02-24-2013, 10:58 AM
Calvert760
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I agree with WT. I have the footboard kit from HD, sundowner seat, highway pegs mounted on my engine guard, detachable windshield, and leather pros saddlebags (so i can carry stuff). This thing is as good or better than my dads heritage. Like i said early 600 mile trip was awsome and comfortable.

Old 02-24-2013, 11:11 AM
maddghost
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Welcome and regarding comfort a SB will be a huge upgrade from a sporty. I ride my dyna on all-day trips.
Performance wise, the sporty will take off and get ahead for a short distance, but once you shift into 2nd and get to 3250 + revs with that big twin it's goodbye sporty!

Old 02-24-2013, 12:40 PM
UnCaged4Life
6th Gear

You have to upgrade. I just switched to a 13 bob from an 07 nightster. WOW!!! the different ride is crazy. Go to your local dealer and test ride a Bob. You wont regret it and as for the distance. I rode a 400 mi. trip and could have rode the whole way if i didn't have to fill up. That is with the stock seat. Highway pegs are definitely a good idea. Good luck with your choice and share pics. if you get one.

Old 02-24-2013, 12:52 PM
DCLXVI
Road Warrior
Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts

Generally speaking lower suspensions are not the best for comfort. The stock suspension is pretty low budget but I wouldn't lower it expecting great comfort.

Quick Reply: Street Bob advice please.