Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Apple computer-Powervision

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2013, 02:54 PM
DJY
Road Captain
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
Default Apple computer-Powervision

I have apple computer and am wondering if it is compatible with powervision. I know fuelmoto website says you don't need a computer but it also says it comes with software for computer. What can and should I do? I think my bike is running to lean. Stage 1 with AC and SE slip ons. Spark plugs electrodes are pretty white, more so on front cylinder. 18000 miles.

Old 03-12-2013, 03:19 PM
HD Pilot
Elite HDF Member
Received 55 Likes on 47 Posts

I thought the newer Apple computers could "switch" over to run Windows type programs, can yours not do this? If not, I think you are out of luck. Should be able to pick up an inexpensive laptop on Ebay - it really is nice to be able to open up your tune and see and compare everything when using a Power Vision.

Old 03-12-2013, 03:26 PM
DJY
Road Captain
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

its older computer and still works fine. Don't really want to drop the cash for tuner and computer.

Old 03-12-2013, 04:02 PM
O-Town D
Road Master
Received 61 Likes on 45 Posts

I just rec'd my PV-1 from Fuel Moto which was preloaded by Jaime with a custom tune based on the performance mods on my FB. Motor is running great.

The CD included with the PV-1 runs on Windows XP, Vista, or Windows 7 only, so you would need to run "Boot-Camp" on an Intel Mac to run the Windows OS so that you can read/download the PV-1 CD. Not sure if any of the DynoJet downloads on the CD would be better than what Jaime already programmed into my PV-1, but it might be fun to try some different options.
~

Old 03-12-2013, 04:03 PM
Hicksjay
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I had to use boot camp. unfortunately, you also need windows OS so your looking at $150 to make it work.

Old 03-12-2013, 04:17 PM
HrdNox
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 213 Likes on 183 Posts

I would call Fuel Moto to make sure..This may be the easiest for you if you HAVE to run Windows...Or,like others said buy a refurbished notebook..Maybe 1 gig at the most. http://www.apple.com/support/bootcamp/

Old 03-12-2013, 05:29 PM
Bilco60
Tourer
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Have never tried it on a MAC, but there is a program called "wine" that can be downloaded and installed. This program is a windows emulator and does not require windows OS. Its free and may be worth a try.

Old 03-12-2013, 07:44 PM
timfromfc
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wine can work, but it is difficult to use and limited compatibility. You would be better to use a Virtual Machine and run Windows. There is a free VM package called Virtual Box (decent) or the paid versions (VM Ware Fusion, and Parallels Desktop). I just looked on Amazon and you can buy Windows XP license for $55. I would buy the $55 XP and try with Virtual Box.

Old 03-12-2013, 07:49 PM
mdp
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It's easy enough to get windows running on an Apple for free. Get a trial version for free if this is all your gonna use it for. If you know where to look, you can find an ISO and key for windows.

Old 03-12-2013, 08:22 PM
maddghost
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Use a friend's computer.

Quick Reply: Apple computer-Powervision