Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Got the V&H BBS, question on the install

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2013, 06:11 PM
blueridge
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Got the V&H BBS, question on the install

I finally got around to ordering everything from Fuelmoto:
V&H Big Shots Staggered/Pro Billet A/V and PowerVision.

Dug in and took the stock exhaust off and realized the o2 Rear sensor connector, while disconnected from under the seat, was not all the way through from under the bike. So when the stock exhaust was removed I stripped the sensor wiring connection at the exhaust. I looked at the V&H BSS and see that I have to remove the O2 sensor wiring from the old exhaust and put on the V&H BSS.

So my question is do I need to buy a new one or can I reconnect the stripped back to the nipple in the exhaust connector? A major f**k up on my part but the thing is I got the old exhaust off so ready to put on the V&H BSS but will have to do something with this stripped out wiring. Obviously if I can connect them back myself I would need to know the wiring connector schematic.

Thanks for your help!

Old 03-16-2013, 06:28 PM
target64
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 45 Likes on 41 Posts

you said u pulled the connector off the o2 sensor itself. if thats correct just remove the o2 sensor from the stock exhaust. the thing u need is a small terminal tool to back the terminals out of the connector. next u will need new terminals to crimp back on and than install connector back on. the easest way is too just stop by any gm dealer and have a tech use the correct tools and they will have those connectors in stock. a 10 min fix. its cheaper than a new o2 sensor. having been a Gm tech for over 20 years it pretty simple fix.

Old 03-16-2013, 06:56 PM
blueridge
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I may getting words mixed up or not using right terminology. The o2 sensor wiring that is disconnected from under the seat is connected by the wire all the way to the rear exhaust. It is at the exhaust that the wire is stripped out. BTW I think this connector to the stock exhaust needs to come out and be used at the V&H BSS.

Anyway the wire that connects to the exhaust is now stripped out. Looking at the wire that was pulled out when the exhaust was removed...the wires are color coded so if I went to a GM dealer and they connected it back I hope they connect it right because it is color coded.

Old 03-16-2013, 07:22 PM
target64
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 45 Likes on 41 Posts

we are getting are wire crossed???? do u mean the main bikes o2 sensor harness or o2 sensor that is still in your stock exhaust