Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How do you remove the 02 sensors?

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2006, 07:59 PM
The Punisher
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How do you remove the 02 sensors?

My V&H Short Shot Staggereds came in for my Bob and I'm planning on putting them on Wednesday. My question is how do you disconnect the wire from the 02 sensors before unscrewing them from the old pipes. I looked at them and can't figure out if they just pull off or if some kind of tool is required. Anyone who has already done this your advise would be greatly appreciated.

Old 04-10-2006, 09:06 PM
Big O Dave
Novice
Default RE: How do you remove the 02 sensors?

Check out this link at the Vance and Hines website:

Staggered Short Shots Installation pdf

Old 04-10-2006, 10:05 PM
The Punisher
Banned

Thanks, but those instructions came with the pipes when checking the sensors and trying to "unplug" the wires from the sensor it doesn't seem like it will come off without some serious pulling. I don't want to damage the wiring harness so I was looking for someone that has removed them to tell me exactly what they had to do to "unplug" the wires from the sensors.

Old 04-11-2006, 12:14 AM
jackyl
Elite HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

its very easy ,i have the v&h bigshots on my streetbob.first take off your seat, thier is one plug to for your o2 sensor thier.disconnect that one,put your elimaniter on the one end,then fish the other end threw till its lose and can come out with the exhaust and your 02 sensor still on your exhaust.then the second one is in front of your bike.its in the front lower end of your frame.look under your regulator,and thier is a platic panel thier.pull that open and in side is your other plug.unplug it like the first one and put your elimaniter on the one end.you cant fish this other end threw as easy.so disconnect that o2 sensor from your exhaust pipe,and let it hang for now.now take your exhaust off .take off the other 02sensor that is still on your old exhaust. put that 02 sensor onto your new pipes.install the new pipes on bike. connect the other o2 sensor that is left on your bike to the exhaust.now take some zip ties and tie the wires off your o2 sensors away from your exhaust and out of the way,so they dont melt.now your done.if you need more help or pics ,let me know and ill try and help again

Old 04-11-2006, 02:05 AM
phreak
Road Master

I went a slightly different way when I but on my Big Shots.

I did the thing under the seat, like was previously stated. I'm not sure what an "eliminator" is. Is that something with the PCIII?

But phor the phront pipe, once I unhooked the O2 sensor wiring phrom it's connection, I cut the zip tie that was holding it to the phrame. Then after you unbolt all the bracketry holding it on the phrame, and take it off the cylinders, you can work on it seperate phrom the bike.

phor me it just made it easier to get the sensors out, as well as the snap rings and exhaust phlanges you will need to reuse phrom the stock pipes.