Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Almost Done

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2013, 05:08 PM
MiniWolf
Received 4,688 Likes on 2,258 Posts
Default Almost Done

Got my bike out of storage this weekend. I spent the whole weekend adding mods to the bike. I had the dealer put on the wheels over the winter. I got a set of Switchblade Chrome wheels and a whirlwind sprocket cover.

So far, I have installed risers, braided lines, FuelMoto Air Cleaner, and tuned it with the map they gave me for the Power Vision I purchased. Added Nostalgia point and derby cover, layback curved license plate. Relocated front turn signals and added bevels.

I kept the stock bars on the risers. Although I like the look of mini apes, I don't like how they feel. I prefer a more spread-apart hand position and like the ergo of the buckhorns. Not everyone's taste but I wanted the bars higher and didn't want to go to drag bars or something like that.

Still to do:

-- Install Corbin Classic solo seat. I need to order a inset bolt for the fender as there is only currently a cover on the middle hole.

-- Install a few odds and end like horn cover with nostalgia cover etc..

Old 03-24-2013, 06:59 PM
SLV
Elite HDF Member
Received 44 Likes on 40 Posts

Nice looking bike. I didn't think I would like the bar setup, but it looks comfortable.

Old 03-24-2013, 07:09 PM
! rock103 !
Outstanding HDF Member

Received 174 Likes on 84 Posts

Looks really good bro, chrome wheels look real good

Old 03-24-2013, 07:21 PM
MiniWolf

Originally Posted by SLV
Nice looking bike. I didn't think I would like the bar setup, but it looks comfortable.

Thanks. People that saw it don't like the bar setup. You can tell from their reaction although they don't say it..lol. It is definitely different and not everyone's taste. It is comfortable, though, and I wasn't getting it for looks really. I use a windshiel a lot and it looks better with the shield on.

Definitely function over form in this area for me. The stockriser/ bars gave me problems with cramping--back of the neck and shoulders. I like the wdith of the buckhorns. I don't like the mini apes. They look real nice but I just don't like the feel. The drag bars are kind of wide but I prefer a more laid back position. This was about the best solution I found. It really freels relaxed. Kind of has the ergos of an old Schwinn bicycle.

Old 03-24-2013, 07:25 PM
MiniWolf

Originally Posted by SLV
Thanks. I got those wheels because they were the cheapest set and were also 20% off at the dealer. I swtiched from laced because I could barely get a hose in the rear tire to change air. Some of the hoses at the gas stations wouldn't even fit. I also wanted to go tubeless. No real difference in handling that I can tell.

Old 03-24-2013, 07:33 PM
MiniWolf

Also, thanks to FuelMoto for the Stage 1 air cleaner. I purchased the PowerVision tuner from them and there was a package where you get the cleaner for free if you buy the PV. Easy install. Took about 20 minutes, half of which was just removing the old cleaner. I was surpsied how crappy the stock filter is. There is all kinds of garbage caught in it(looks like bird feathers or something) and it looks like parts of it is shredded and I only have 3,000 miles on the bike since getting it last year. Looks like it is made of paper or something.

The FuelMoto is a pretty stout filter. I can also hear the air getting sucked in. There is a slight hissing sound when you open up the throttle. When you shut it down you can hear the intake whine--sounds like turning a vacuum cleaner off.

Last edited by MiniWolf; 03-24-2013 at 07:35 PM.
Old 03-24-2013, 07:37 PM
Jaysonb
Intermediate
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looks good!! A tank lift would look nice on it.

Old 03-24-2013, 08:28 PM
99%r
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Is that a trim ring on the headlight?

Looks good, who makes it?

Old 03-24-2013, 09:12 PM
MiniWolf

Originally Posted by 99%r
Is that a trim ring on the headlight?

Looks good, who makes it?

It's from harley:

http://www.harley-davidson.com/gma/g...bmLocale=en_US

Old 03-24-2013, 09:27 PM
deuce_streetbob
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Good looking bike. My old deuce was chromed pretty heavy like urs. Saw u were from Ohio, was trying to figure out what park that was in the background. Lol.

Quick Reply: Almost Done