Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Plasti-dip addiction!

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2013, 01:25 AM
ajmilberg
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Plasti-dip addiction!

So taking advice from many on this forum, and wanting to delete some chrome off my 06' Street Bob, I decided to try some plasti dip. DAMN is my initial response, this stuff is awesome, right now my primary cover, a/c cleaner, horn cover, and battery cover are all drying in the garage. I'm now addicted, can't wait to do some more! Thanks to all you who posted about the wonders of using this sh*t, this is an awesome (and cheap) way to do some blackout work. Thank you all!

Old 03-30-2013, 02:13 AM
Red Dragons
Road Master
Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

Doesn't it scratch and come off really easily though?

Old 03-30-2013, 02:25 AM
jpwelch850
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Not really its pretty tough. You can peel it off if you get your fingernail under a corner.

Old 03-30-2013, 02:28 AM
Mozvader
Extreme HDF Member
Received 1,184 Likes on 849 Posts

Originally Posted by ajmilberg
So taking advice from many on this forum, and wanting to delete some chrome off my 06' Street Bob, I decided to try some plasti dip. DAMN is my initial response, this stuff is awesome, right now my primary cover, a/c cleaner, horn cover, and battery cover are all drying in the garage. I'm now addicted, can't wait to do some more! Thanks to all you who posted about the wonders of using this sh*t, this is an awesome (and cheap) way to do some blackout work. Thank you all!

Old 03-30-2013, 01:51 PM
ajmilberg
Tourer

Originally Posted by Mozvader
Hahaha, everything is still drying in the garage, I'll throw some pics up once I have everything back on

Old 03-30-2013, 01:54 PM
slave2theaxe
Intermediate

One thing I found with the air cleaner and the horn cover is they will start to peel after a while from your pants rubbing on them...at least in my experience.

Old 04-01-2013, 10:39 PM
ajmilberg
Tourer

Originally Posted by slave2theaxe
One thing I found with the air cleaner and the horn cover is they will start to peel after a while from your pants rubbing on them...at least in my experience.
I thought about that, but with the mid controls, and the way my legs are, I noticed that my legs are away from both

Old 04-02-2013, 12:52 AM
Spud17
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I had it on my primary on my old bike and it didn't stay looked cool for awhile but when I put my kick stand down my boot rubbed off the plasti dip.

Old 04-02-2013, 08:24 AM
hardyaw9
Intermediate

How does it hold up on the primary? I know it's a rubber based compound, I've used it on many parts before but think it wouldn't hold up on the primary or anything else that gets hot.

Old 04-02-2013, 09:44 AM
MrPeepers
Cruiser

Originally Posted by jpwelch850
Not really its pretty tough. You can peel it off if you get your fingernail under a corner.
I thought Plasti-Dip was great. I did my silver FF helmet and now its Plasti-Dip Matte black.

When I got it done, it looked fantastic.

What everyone should know is that Plasti-Dip is easy to remove. That's a feature/asset.

But, it's also Plasti-Dips biggest liability. If you scratch it, it will start to peel. And, based on my helmet experience, once it starts to peel I don't think it can be repaired. That is, its not like paint where you can sand it and recoat it and it looks as good as new.

So, be aware. I think my helmet experience is representative. If you scratch the Plasti-Dip plan to redo the application.

Quick Reply: Plasti-dip addiction!