Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Any comments on this fxdf on ebay?

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2013, 06:18 PM
kontiki
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 2,279 Likes on 1,155 Posts
Default Any comments on this fxdf on ebay?

So I've been watching this fat bob on ebay and even though the "reserve" is not met I'm thinking of bidding on it anyway. This is pretty much what I've been looking for, except for maybe a few less miles.

Any comments? Here's the link:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2009-...-/181114084357

Old 04-09-2013, 06:29 PM
HrdNox
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 213 Likes on 183 Posts

Hmm,not sure.How long you been looking? Is that about the $ range you looking in?

Old 04-09-2013, 06:32 PM
Austin Dave
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'd pass. Looks like a nice ride, but it's too far away from your home and it's not coming from a dealer I recognize.
I'd continue to hunt locally and not buy 'a pig in a poke'.
JMO

Last edited by Austin Dave; 04-09-2013 at 06:35 PM.
Old 04-09-2013, 06:35 PM
milesvdustin
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I wonder why the air cleaner is missing the black trim circle? Why does it have a super glide battery box cover? I see an aftermarket derby cover with mention in the ad about chipped paint around the derby cover. It's been laid down I think.

Old 04-09-2013, 06:36 PM
Zakk13
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 636 Likes on 327 Posts

To many miles for my taste! But im really picky.. I only buy my Harley's brand new but if i was buying used i would not buy a bike with over 5k.. Thats just me tho.. Im sure you can find alot more Fatbobs for sale with less miles if you look hard and long enough! Take your time they are out there or the one your looking for will turn up with time!

Old 04-09-2013, 06:40 PM
kontiki
Ultimate HDF Member

Thanks for confirming my gut feelings about it also. Its hard to find a decent fxdf with mid controls is why I was sort of drooling over it.

But I have never bought anything sight unseen in my life and feel very uncomfortable considering doing it even if the price is excellent.

BTW, my price range is flexible. I can afford to pay cash for a good used one. Just can't afford a new one and I don't want to borrow any money either. I'd like to find something less than 10K.

Last edited by kontiki; 04-09-2013 at 06:43 PM.
Old 04-09-2013, 06:42 PM
Zakk13
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 636 Likes on 327 Posts

Originally Posted by kontiki
Thanks for confirming my gut feelings about it also. Its hard to find a decent fxdf with mid controls is why I was sort of drooling over it.

But I have never bought anything sight unseen in my life and feel very uncomfortable considering doing it even if the price is excellent.
Ya i really wouldnt do it! Esp being that far away and not seeing it in person or even hearing it run.. and that many miles! To much can be wrong or go wrong!

Old 04-09-2013, 06:47 PM
rooti
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

The price makes you want to bid on it but the dealer is not stupid and has the reserve set at just above wholesale. I see dealers relist and relist the same bike over and over until it sells. It also gives them an idea what they can get for it by the bids. Put it in your watch list and see what happens in the final minutes.

You can get a bob locally with less miles and probably better condition. Check your local craigs list everyday.

Old 04-09-2013, 06:50 PM
shorelasHD
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 2,858 Likes on 1,270 Posts

I've done a lot of dealing on eBay, and 1644 transactions with 100% positive feedback is nothing to sneeze at. You can assume the photo and the description is accurate (yes, I've bought not one, but TWO bikes on eBay!). That said, I had a 2009 FXDF and book value on it was in the range of $13K with only 6000 miles on it before Hurricane Sandy submerged it in my garage (I was away, in New Orleans of all places, or I would have moved it).

YOU have to decide what it's worth to you, then make your bid. My opinion is the dealer is legit, but I would bet that the Reserve price is at least $10K. The FXDF is a great bike, Good Luck!

Old 04-09-2013, 07:27 PM
kontiki
Ultimate HDF Member

Thanks for all the input! Greatly appreciated.

Quick Reply: Any comments on this fxdf on ebay?