Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Peg vibration

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2013, 09:19 PM
Greg Di
Road Captain
Received 46 Likes on 33 Posts
Default Peg vibration

I currently have the shitty stock rubber pegs on my 2012 FXDC and want to replace with something a little nicer.

I just got new Chippewa Engineer boots and now, all of a sudden, feel tons of vibration I never felt with my old boots on the same rubber pegs.

I was looking at billet pegs prior to getting the boots, but now I wonder if it will rattle my teeth out if I don't get pegs with some sort of rubber on them.

Any thoughts?

Note: I am going to buy some thin insoles for the boots since they don't have any insoles in them now (if they do, they are made of granite).

Also, I see lots of non-HD pegs on the internet that are cheaper than the HD pegs, any reason NOT to go with non-HD on this?

Old 04-18-2013, 09:43 PM
DCWilcox61
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Those boots come with no insole, so I think I'd look into some good insoles first. Its a helluva lot cheaper option and then you can get any pegs you like. My .02

Old 04-18-2013, 09:43 PM
arkstreetbob
Road Captain
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I have the aftermarket extra long pegs. They were cheep and HD has the same ones that are way to high.

Old 04-18-2013, 09:55 PM
ynots
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 25 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by Greg Di

I see lots of non-HD pegs on the internet that are cheaper than the HD pegs, any reason NOT to go with non-HD on this?
Non HD parts will put your warranty at risk!.... Hello!

Old 04-19-2013, 07:07 AM
Greg Di
Road Captain
Received 46 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by ynots
Non HD parts will put your warranty at risk!.... Hello!
How do pegs affect a warranty? They are not a mechanical part? That would be like a dealer refusing to warranty an engine issue on your car because you hang fuzzy dice from the rear-view mirror.

Old 04-19-2013, 07:45 AM
Jeff's 1st Harley
Road Master
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Greg Di
How do pegs affect a warranty? They are not a mechanical part? That would be like a dealer refusing to warranty an engine issue on your car because you hang fuzzy dice from the rear-view mirror.
Greg I bought some aftermarket pegs on e-bay. They are chrome with rubber diamond inserts. I believe it has cut down on much of the vibrations and are more confortable than the stock ones. They are called the diamond peg and shifter brake set. The passenger pegs are slightly smaller in diameter than the riders which I think looks better than the big ones for the passenger. I got the grips to match, it all looks cool.

Old 04-19-2013, 04:00 PM
JefferiesHD1
Tourer
Received 40 Likes on 30 Posts

I got these pegs. I use them on my mid controls and road pegs. They are larger and longer than stock and have an air pocket in them. Cuts down on the vibration. I really like them. They look good and won't break the bank. Check them out.

http://www.jpcycles.com/product/5300250