Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Modded or alternative V&H baffles??

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2013, 04:19 PM
Krazy8s
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 105 Likes on 71 Posts
Default Modded or alternative V&H baffles??

Recently installed V&H straight shots, love the sound but the volume is gonna get me in trouble with the Man. They're way louder than I thought they'd be.
Over here you can lose your licence for 3 months and wear a 2K fine for overly loud pipes.
I am looking for a way to quieten the pipes without losing to much sound quality or strangling the exhaust.

Aint got the $$ to swap 'em out for a different pair (other than the stock pipes), so need some home grown solutions.

I already have V&H's quiet baffles, but they aint quiet enough.

Suggestions anyone??

Old 04-24-2013, 06:05 PM
Supergo
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have the same problem with my Vance and Hines Big Shots Staggered. Quiet baffles didnt do anything. Got to be a way to add more baffle to the baffle.

Old 04-24-2013, 06:11 PM
dms250
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

my bike bought used came with big radius 2 into 2 without any baffles...I stuck a set of smartpartz baffles in and it really took the sting out of them...cheap too!

Old 04-24-2013, 06:26 PM
Northbound Southerner
Elite HDF Member
Received 85 Likes on 70 Posts

Originally Posted by Krazy8s
Recently installed V&H straight shots, love the sound but the volume is gonna get me in trouble with the Man. They're way louder than I thought they'd be.
Over here you can lose your licence for 3 months and wear a 2K fine for overly loud pipes.
I am looking for a way to quieten the pipes without losing to much sound quality or strangling the exhaust.

Aint got the $$ to swap 'em out for a different pair (other than the stock pipes), so need some home grown solutions.

I already have V&H's quiet baffles, but they aint quiet enough.

Suggestions anyone??
I've got a set of Smart Partz baffles. You can have them if you pay to ship. Can't be cheap to ship to Switzerland...They made a HUGE difference in my big radius. Too quiet even...I know how the police can be there. I got caught going too fast in the Alps. Made me pay a big fine, right on the spot too...

Old 04-24-2013, 07:24 PM
DK Custom
Platinum Sponsor
Received 3,940 Likes on 2,295 Posts

The Thunder Torque Inserts will lower the tone and increase the low & mid range torque.

Not sure if it will be quiet enough, but they are inexpensive and can be used in conjunction with your existing baffles.

Click HERE for details.

DKCustomProducts.com
Call/Text: 662-252-8828
Email: Support@DKCustomProducts.com

Old 04-24-2013, 08:20 PM
Wykd
Tourer

Kevin nailed it, drill another hole underside of pipe slide the baffle to the inner most hole, then put the torque cone in the outer hole.

Adjust the angle of the cone to adjust the db you want to get, a great cheap slightly adjustable exhaust solution. Back in the day we made our own torque cones with large washers welded to bolts and used them in the exhaust on hot rods. Of course that was when all you had in the pocket was lint or nothing at the local auto parts store, etc... I would pay 20.00 vs firing up the welder/grinder, heck it will cost me about that much in electricity (j/k)!

Old 04-24-2013, 08:22 PM
heritageblue2013
Grand HDF Member
Received 557 Likes on 308 Posts

Freaking move to the US, I have Vance and Hines straight shot slip-on's and they rock!!!!

Old 04-24-2013, 08:47 PM
Wykd
Tourer

They would rock even more if you removed he baffle, cut them down to 7.5 nchs long and reinstalled them. I cut mine in half and remapped the fuelpak to the competition baffle exhaust and its 10 times better running bike.

Originally Posted by heritageblue2013
Freaking move to the US, I have Vance and Hines straight shot slip-on's and they rock!!!!

Old 04-25-2013, 12:55 AM
Krazy8s
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 105 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by themouth!!!
I've got a set of Smart Partz baffles. You can have them if you pay to ship. Can't be cheap to ship to Switzerland...They made a HUGE difference in my big radius. Too quiet even...I know how the police can be there. I got caught going too fast in the Alps. Made me pay a big fine, right on the spot too...
PM sent