Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

12" to 14" wild 1 outlaw

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2013, 07:45 PM
fxdbennett
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 12" to 14" wild 1 outlaw

I am currently running 12" wild 1 outlaw bars but am debating putting a set of 14's on instead. Super comfy bar, that extra 2" would be nice tho. I am running hd diamond black cables. 72.69 clutch cable, 28" brake line. For the extra 2" would I need longer cables and/or wire extensions?

Old 04-24-2013, 08:04 PM
DYNAM1C
Cruiser

sounds like you should be able to eyeball/feel around and tell if you need new cables or not... if you have a decent amount of slack i dont think it will be a problem.

Old 04-24-2013, 09:27 PM
fxdbennett
Intermediate

just mainly wondering for the internal wiring, id like to have everything I need before I go to install.

Old 04-25-2013, 10:19 AM
fxdbennett
Intermediate

Somebody must know?

Old 04-25-2013, 10:50 AM
Good_Apollo
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by fxdbennett
just mainly wondering for the internal wiring, id like to have everything I need before I go to install.
Well how much slack did you have in the wiring when you put on the 12s? I put the 12" Chubby Outlaws on my buddy's 2007 FXDB and I don' think 14s would have worked without extending.

Old 04-25-2013, 12:53 PM
fxdbennett
Intermediate

they were done at the dealer before I picked my bike up. that's why Im not sure :S either way I seem to have enough cable slack, what length/what wire extension kit does everyone recommend? a link on j&p would be stellar. im going to do signal relocation at the same time, and have my seven sins grips to put on, which is why I am debating the swap to 14's at this point. does j&p have the signal relocation kit that screws into lower triple tree?? I could only find this clamp style http://www.jpcycles.com/product/320-228

Old 04-25-2013, 01:14 PM
fordaith
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

For the wiring, if it's stock, no. I'm running 12's with 4" risers and didn't have to rewire anything.

Old 04-25-2013, 01:38 PM
Good_Apollo
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by fxdbennett
they were done at the dealer before I picked my bike up. that's why Im not sure :S either way I seem to have enough cable slack, what length/what wire extension kit does everyone recommend? a link on j&p would be stellar. im going to do signal relocation at the same time, and have my seven sins grips to put on, which is why I am debating the swap to 14's at this point. does j&p have the signal relocation kit that screws into lower triple tree?? I could only find this clamp style http://www.jpcycles.com/product/320-228
Arlen ness makes those triple tree location kits as well and they seem to be better quality than the generic drag specialties ones.

Old 04-25-2013, 02:22 PM
fxdbennett
Intermediate

yah I just noticed those, I see some reviews talking about fitment issues, a gap between fork. Do they still look good??

Old 04-25-2013, 02:44 PM
chap!
Road Master

I've fit 14" wild 1 Outlaws to my 13 bob & used all stock cables & wiring, there's loads of excess internal wiring length, had to take some of the 90 degree bend out the throttle cables, just to help on slack but all fine!

Quick Reply: 12" to 14" wild 1 outlaw