Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

quick detach windshield?

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2013, 11:12 AM
deuce_streetbob
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default quick detach windshield?

Ok, so I'm not real big on adding a windshield to my streetbob because I don't like the look. I plan on several long distance rides over the summer though, and I'm thinking it would be less fatiguing if I put a small one on. I found one that I like the look of on eBay. It's made by gladiator. The only problem os it looks like it's not a quick detach and I can't find anything similar that I could easily remove when I getto my destination. Anyone have any recommendations?

Old 04-25-2013, 11:41 AM
Rasconzo
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have the Harley quick detach shield and for longer rides it's great. Not getting beat in the chest for a hundred miles. Pops on and off easily. But like most HD stuff, its a bit pricey. I forget exactly how much I paid for it.

Oh, and it fits really well even with my ape hangers.

Old 04-25-2013, 11:42 AM
cm ride
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Have you looked at FLYSCREEN? If you still want tne wind in your face but want to take the weight off your chest it works. I put one on for winter and it helped. It's small enough that it fits in my saddlebag and can be taken off in 5 minutes or less. I like that it doesnt interfer with my vision either. http://i1326.photobucket.com/albums/...ps28b3e3c5.jpg

Old 04-25-2013, 11:45 AM
jojo2dog
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

also have Harley quick release windshield that I mount lower in the nice weather and move up in bad weather,works good

Old 04-25-2013, 11:53 AM
HAD20
Intermediate

I just installed the Gladiator on my street bob. It only takes a couple minutes to install and uninstall.

Old 04-25-2013, 12:13 PM
deuce_streetbob
Road Master

Originally Posted by cm ride
Have you looked at FLYSCREEN? If you still want tne wind in your face but want to take the weight off your chest it works. I put one on for winter and it helped. It's small enough that it fits in my saddlebag and can be taken off in 5 minutes or less. I like that it doesnt interfer with my vision either. http://i1326.photobucket.com/albums/...ps28b3e3c5.jpg
That's interesting. Haven't seen that one. Does it require tools to remove then?

Old 04-25-2013, 12:15 PM
deuce_streetbob
Road Master

Originally Posted by HAD20
I just installed the Gladiator on my street bob. It only takes a couple minutes to install and uninstall.
Does it loosen the handlebars when u add or remove it? I can't quit tell what it attaches to? What tool does it use?

Old 04-25-2013, 01:08 PM
cm ride
Cruiser

Originally Posted by deuce_streetbob
That's interesting. Haven't seen that one. Does it require tools to remove then?
Mounts to the fork tube and takes an allen wrench, you can slide up or down and forward or back according to your liking.

Old 04-25-2013, 01:15 PM
AussieTX
Tourer
Received 27 Likes on 18 Posts

I picked up a HD quick release 18" windshield.
I love it for the long rides, goes on and comes off in less than a minute.
Doesn't add to the look of my street bob at all, but it doesn't look as bad as I thought it would.

Old 04-25-2013, 01:16 PM
cm ride
Cruiser

Originally Posted by deuce_streetbob
you can see it better here. http://i1326.photobucket.com/albums/...pse6f7fe35.jpg

Quick Reply: quick detach windshield?