Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Vibes with 2-1

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2013, 04:14 PM
Dynam1te
Road Warrior
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default New Vibes with 2-1

I just picked up some sweet pipes from a member here. They are D&D fat cats. I dig everything about them, they sound mean and very different than most pipes I've personally heard. One thing I noticed tho, is I am getting new vibes around 2500-3000rpm, (sometimes a bit higher) they aren't terrible or anything but they are a lot stronger than before when I had stock exhaust. I made sure everything was torqued to spec as well. Is this a common thing among different pipes? I read a few threads about guys loosening the exhaust mount found under the engine, I played with that a bit but didn't notice too big of a difference.

What do you guys think? Anyone have any experience, or other things I could troubleshoot? Girlfriend likes it. I just want to be sure its "normal"

Old 04-30-2013, 06:44 PM
b2inUT
Road Warrior
Received 148 Likes on 90 Posts

Originally Posted by Dynam1te
Girlfriend likes it. I just want to be sure its "normal"
THE END!!!

Sorry. I'm no help. The bike looks good, man!

Old 04-30-2013, 07:08 PM
WG2011
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

Highly recommended pipe for performance. Not sure about the vibrations you got going. Did you get a tuner off some kind? Looks like you got a stage one with the pipe and air cleaner you gotta get something to richen you yup a but probably running real lean otherwise. Not sure that had anything to do with the vibes but it's a concern. Looks good man!

Old 04-30-2013, 07:19 PM
maddghost
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Just the deeper tone not to mention shear decibel power compared to what you had may cause vibration. Also different materials used, who knows... it may even go away, or you may get used to it.

Old 04-30-2013, 08:12 PM
feguy1
Tourer
Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

i have one on my fxdf. no vibes here, but i do not use the front mount because of forward controls. could be the diff? Where did you get your seat? first one i have seen in black.

Old 04-30-2013, 08:24 PM
Dynam1te
Road Warrior
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I am running a FM micro tuner. I asked for a new map but I did richen the fuel a bit. We'll see if it changes when I get the download. Yeah, the vibe isn't too bad, just curious if those who switched to a 2-1 if they noticed the same thing. Ya, no complaints from the girl, in fact she asked me to keep it at 2600 while we ride... haha.

The seat is stock, with a the cheap HD passenger pillion. I think its just their base model.

Thanks for the input dudes, I'm hoping it either goes away with the download, or something cause it does get kind of annoying as thats typically my cruising zone on the highway. Will keep ya posted.

Old 04-30-2013, 08:43 PM
Grundlepunch
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

bike looks sharp! would look great if you lowered the front a little IMO.

with the pipe.. if the bracket is tight, i could just be the tone of the pipe and you're just not use to it yet.

Old 04-30-2013, 09:56 PM
fastjoe
Road Warrior
Received 22 Likes on 16 Posts

Your bike looks sweet!

Old 04-30-2013, 10:09 PM
HD Pilot
Elite HDF Member
Received 55 Likes on 47 Posts

No new vibes for me when I switched to a 2 into 1. I have noticed that the exhaust nuts get loose pretty quick - tighnened them twice since install, only have about 1200 miles on them and both times the nuts had lost most of their torque values.

Old 04-30-2013, 10:56 PM
SquidHead
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Yep...noticeable difference in vibes when I went from the stock with SE slip ons to my V&H 2-1, mostly at idle though. Once I'm cruising, it isn't that much different.

Quick Reply: New Vibes with 2-1