Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Just got my Bad&G battery box bag!

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2013, 07:46 PM
deuce_streetbob
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Just got my Bad&G battery box bag!

Just came in the mail, and it came much quicker than I expected. The craftsmanship is truly top notch.....it just looks quality all the way. It's a bit less room inside that what i thought it would be, but that's just because i was wishing it would have more room, nothing wrong with the product itself. Due to a busy day, I haven't had a chance to install it yet, so sorry for a lack of picture. I'm hoping to have some free time tomorrow to get it done and will add a pic for y'all!

Old 05-11-2013, 07:51 PM
128auto
Extreme HDF Member
Received 29 Likes on 26 Posts

Great bag! I suggest you to add a plate on the back side of the inner leather, the bag sags quite a bit. Unless they change the leather on their latest bags.

Old 05-11-2013, 07:55 PM
deuce_streetbob
Road Master

Originally Posted by 128auto
Great bag! I suggest you to add a plate on the back side of the inner leather, the bag sags quite a bit. Unless they change the leather on their latest bags.
are you talking about the inside where the mounting holes are? how much is yours sagging, because it looks to be fine in your pic?

Old 05-11-2013, 07:59 PM
128auto
Extreme HDF Member
Received 29 Likes on 26 Posts

Yes, I put a thick plastic plate and drill 4 holes, mount it on the back inner.
It looks great coz the bag was empty when I took the pic, once you put weight in it, it will sag at the top. I only carry goggles, bungee cord and sun screen, not even heavy lol.

Old 05-11-2013, 08:07 PM
deuce_streetbob
Road Master

gotcha....that's the type of stuff i will be carrying as well. it's going to be so nice to have a spot to carry my extra glasses for night riding, as well as a couple basic tools like a screwdriver and small wrench. I was hoping it would be roomy enough for a light sweatshirt in case i got caught out late and it started to get cold. i figured i would be able to roll one up and stuff it in there, but i was being overly optimistic on that one. lol. thanks for the tip though, ill have to find some plastic to put in there like you did.

Old 05-11-2013, 08:41 PM
rooti
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I heard the new ones have thicker leather. I just got mine this Friday so time will tell.

Attached Thumbnails Just got my Bad&G battery box bag!-brown-rooti-004.jpg  
Old 05-11-2013, 08:47 PM
deuce_streetbob
Road Master

Originally Posted by rooti
I heard the new ones have thicker leather. I just got mine this Friday so time will tell.
it does seem to be pretty thick, so i guess we will just see. i got the same style as yours too...just black instead of brown.

btw, on my 13 bob, the battery box doesn't have any pre drilled holes for mounting. obviously i will be drilling holes myself....any tips on doing this? i figured i would put tape over the paint and drill from the front side. do you guys think i should put something on the exposed metal after drilling to keep it from corroding?

Old 05-11-2013, 10:48 PM
Six16
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have one of the newer bags. No sagging.

Old 05-12-2013, 07:51 AM
philm8
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just got mine in Friday as well and seem pretty thick and stiff, I'll be surprised if it sags. They have to straps and not one too. They look so dam awesome can't wait to put them on....

Old 05-12-2013, 08:11 AM
deuce_streetbob
Road Master

Me either. Gonna do that today.

Quick Reply: Just got my Bad&G battery box bag!