Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2006 street bob cutting out, any input will help

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2013, 08:29 PM
woodsracer3839
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2006 street bob cutting out, any input will help

New to the internet stuff and fuel injection! Like most of you i refuse to go to harley for stuff i can handle in the garage. I cant figure out anything on my bike and have an appointment friday at HD, i wanted to at least get a spot in since there slammed this time of the year so any help or input i have this week to tinker with it. Ok ran fine last year put 3300 miles on it bought it late in the year, total mileage is 5700 so not a ton of mileage its an 06 street bob. Over the winter i didnt do anything except wire in a radio to the battery i got as a gift, the night i got it on i left the radio on the drained battery so i had it on the tender for a few days and works fine now. First ride out it started missing alittle barely noticable thought it would go away after i ran a few tanks through it thinking it was condensation in the tank. It only got worse now i can ever ride it, it idles and revs up with no hesitations. Under a load its terrible coughing, missing, and popping out the intake. Things i have done so far- change plugs, air filter, check battery connections, remove fuel pump and inspect lines, changed the fuel filter while i was in there. Tryed wiggling the injector wires while it was running, double checking connections, i need some help im no awesome mechanic but i grew up wrenching on dirt bikes and an old ironhead, any input would be appreciated!! sorry this is so long

Old 05-19-2013, 08:32 PM
woodsracer3839
Novice

When i had the fuel plate off the tank i had a half tank of fuel and started the bike i can see what looks like the back of the regulator spitting out fuel, im assuming this is normal and thats access fuel??

Old 05-20-2013, 01:01 AM
Jbco2
Cruiser
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I am reading closely,
I have just gone through the same series of test as yourself trying to corner the very same symptoms.
What I have done differently from you is replace the fuel pump, which to my surprise improved the situation but it still intermittently there doing the very same high rpm, stutter, hesitation and turning off.
No codes flashing.

Joe

Old 05-20-2013, 05:14 AM
woodsracer3839
Novice

i have no codes flashing either, fires right up, idles, revs up all the way. Take off from the garage and it falls on its face missing and poping so bad you have to slip the clutch and monkey with the throttle to get it turned around and head back into garage. The engine light will just come on periodically and go away, ive never seen a code show up, or is there a sequence you do with the key to get them to appear of something?

Old 05-20-2013, 06:15 AM
stilup
Road Warrior
Received 37 Likes on 31 Posts

Dirty fuel injectors? maybe a quick intake clean out will help.
remove the air cleaner and spray inside good while running.

Old 05-20-2013, 06:23 AM
mito352003
Advanced

You said it ran good last fall, wired in a radio during the winter. I am thinking you should cancel your appointment at HD cuz they are going to charge you big bucks to tighten the battery cables. Tighten them down hard, you may think you have them on tight but I would bet it is missing cuz of bumps that cause a intermission flow of electrical current. just my 2 cents hope I saved you some $$$$

Old 05-20-2013, 06:50 AM
johnnyjellybean
Cruiser
Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

I too think it's voltage related. Probably battery

Old 05-20-2013, 08:23 AM
HOGRIDA_06
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Don't just tighten your battery connections, remove them completely then re install. If you saw fuel spraying inside your tank most likely you have a hole in the intank fuel line. This is common on '06 Dyna's. It's a cheap easy fix and you can find a good write here..
https://www.hdforums.com/forum/dyna-...fuel-line.html

Old 05-20-2013, 12:05 PM
woodsracer3839
Novice

What's safe to spray in the intake?

Old 05-20-2013, 12:06 PM
woodsracer3839
Novice

Ill double check battery and even leave radio unhooked, the fuel spraying is coming from a factory hole in the back of the regulator

Quick Reply: 2006 street bob cutting out, any input will help