Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2013 street bob question

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2013, 03:52 AM
saschagast
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2013 street bob question

so i've done all my research about installing my westcoast mx t-bars tomorrow, they are finally arriving.

actually found a nice 5 part video online and i've gotten myself rather familiar with those deutsch/molex connectors. i'm pretty much ready to start as soon as i get home from work.

so today i dabbled into those rubber grommets and tried to see if i can easily pull those wires out.

I noticed that the wires that are inside the handlebars are encased in a rubber hose but to be honest, it looks rather skinny.
from my research i was expecting to have to pull about 9 or so wires for each side but this looks more like it's only 4 per side. is this possible?

i'm sure i'll find out exactly what's going on once i take things apart but truly, when i look at the 2 wires that peek out of the bottom of my stock apes it really looks like they might have changed things and there are less wires.

anybody done a handlebar change on a 13 street bob?
just trying to get all the info ahead of time before i start tomorrow.

thanks guys

Old 05-21-2013, 09:19 AM
Tomsprops
Advanced

It's Super Easy . Just pull the wires out of the frame there is quick disconnects there . The new style disconnects are small enough to easly fit in side your new bars .
I would recommend using New " Poly" bushings on your bars due to the increased leverage from the tall risers . Super simple these days . Have fun !

Old 05-21-2013, 09:32 AM
CB024
Road Master

Originally Posted by Tomsprops
It's Super Easy . Just pull the wires out of the frame there is quick disconnects there . The new style disconnects are small enough to easly fit in side your new bars .
I would recommend using New " Poly" bushings on your bars due to the increased leverage from the tall risers . Super simple these days . Have fun !

These new tiny connectors make life so much easier. No disassembling connectors anymore.

Old 05-21-2013, 09:36 AM
Vonswanko
Road Master
Received 114 Likes on 65 Posts

My buddy just did Death Squad T's on his '13. I told him about the disconnecting all the pins like I did on my '11, he said " I just unplugged, and they slipped right through"

Super easy, no pins to pull apart.

Old 05-21-2013, 11:31 AM
saschagast
Tourer

that's what i thought, i was gonna try fitting those plugs through anyway, they look that small, haha. well that's awesome then.

so now the only question I have is what do i do if I wanna relocate the front turn signals? is it still as easy as pulling the wires away from the rest of the harness or has that gotten a bit harder. i think i wanna bring the to the forks and possibly smaller signals but really haven't decided yet

yeah, i ordered the bushing/bolt kit from west coast as well.
thanks for your help

Old 05-21-2013, 11:49 AM
Danielc409
Tourer
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

For relocating the signals, if using the HD relocate kit, you cut the wires at the controls and use the wiring that comes with the kit and it plugs into an existing connection within the frame.

Old 05-21-2013, 05:58 PM
saschagast
Tourer

Ill stop by the dealer in a bit and see what they have. UPS just delivered the bars. Man they look good

Old 07-15-2013, 06:32 PM
rawb101
Cruiser

Originally Posted by saschagast
so i've done all my research about installing my westcoast mx t-bars tomorrow, they are finally arriving.

actually found a nice 5 part video online and i've gotten myself rather familiar with those deutsch/molex connectors. i'm pretty much ready to start as soon as i get home from work.

so today i dabbled into those rubber grommets and tried to see if i can easily pull those wires out.

I noticed that the wires that are inside the handlebars are encased in a rubber hose but to be honest, it looks rather skinny.
from my research i was expecting to have to pull about 9 or so wires for each side but this looks more like it's only 4 per side. is this possible?

i'm sure i'll find out exactly what's going on once i take things apart but truly, when i look at the 2 wires that peek out of the bottom of my stock apes it really looks like they might have changed things and there are less wires.

anybody done a handlebar change on a 13 street bob?
just trying to get all the info ahead of time before i start tomorrow.

thanks guys
do you have the link to that video?

Old 07-15-2013, 06:40 PM
lllFIGJAMlll
Intermediate

Those new connectors are a god send. Just did my buddies new Bob and I was amazed at the time it saves compared to my 2011 SB. Made me kinda jelly.

Old 07-15-2013, 06:41 PM
lllFIGJAMlll
Intermediate

And yes, just separate the turns from that bundle on each side and your good to go. Best of luck

Quick Reply: 2013 street bob question