Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dyna street Bob kick stand hard to use

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2013, 02:02 AM
rogersachs
Road Captain
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
Smile Dyna street Bob kick stand hard to use

Love my Dyna , but hate the kick stand.
Being short its hard to lean the bike to the right to engage the stand. Is there any way to modify the stand so I don't have to lean to right, especially on upward angled ground.
On my last trip the road king bikes had a much easier time in engaging the stand when on an angle road. It seems the kick stand mount is on the outside of the frame, where as the Dyna has the pivot in the middle of the bike, making it much more difficult to engage.
Could a mount be placed on the frame at the mid control site( I use forward controls)?
Could the OEM stand be modified?
Would appreciate any help.
Thanks,
Roger

Old 06-19-2013, 03:02 AM
O-Town D
Road Master
Received 61 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by rogersachs
"Love my Dyna, but hate the kick stand. Being short its hard to lean the bike to the right to engage the stand. Is there any way to modify the stand?"
After I added the swingarm bag, engaging the jiffy stand with the heel of my boot was a definite challenge. There are bolt-on jiffy stand extensions sold by the MoCo and others, but they are quite long and somewhat awkward looking. So I bought a non-MoCo extension off ebay, cut it down to make it more compact, then had it welded onto the end of my jiffy stand. Not pretty by any stretch of the imagination, actually kind of ugly, but in the 'up' position it's not noticeable, and it works for me. Maybe you can think of a better way.
~

Attached Thumbnails Dyna street Bob kick stand hard to use-img_1141.jpg  
Old 06-19-2013, 03:50 AM
Blacknblue Bob
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have the HD jiffy stand extension. Works fine for me.

Old 06-19-2013, 05:03 AM
ynots
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 25 Likes on 17 Posts

I found it easier to lean the bike and swing the stand out while your still sitting on it. The only thing an extension will do is make it easier to engage the stand with your foot. I'm pretty sure they make a shorter jiffy stand that people use with their lowered bikes, maybe somebody will chime in.

Last edited by ynots; 06-19-2013 at 05:05 AM.
Old 06-19-2013, 05:32 AM
rs87277
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

ya the stand sucks compared to my old M109R bike

Old 06-19-2013, 09:06 AM
chap!
Road Master

Not long lowered my SB & yes even more lean to the right side is required to place the stand down, can't see how an extention will aid not leaning it? Would actually imagine you'd have to lean it more due to the extra length? Understand it would help foot contact & finding the the stand with the foot but not what your asking? Would think a shorter one will help your plight & mine for that matter, I must make some searches on here myself.

Old 06-19-2013, 10:33 AM
jcrumpley
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

With an extension on mine it is easier to find. Once I find it, I can put my foot under it and lift against the spring so that it goes down without having to lean the bike to the right.

Old 06-19-2013, 11:19 AM
O-Town D
Road Master
Received 61 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by chap!
...can't see how an extention will aid not leaning it? Would actually imagine you'd have to lean it more due to the extra length? Understand it would help foot contact & finding the the stand with the foot but not what your asking?
Originally Posted by ynots
The only thing an extension will do is make it easier to engage the stand with your foot.
You guys may be right - my B-A-D-D for misinterpreting the OP's problem. Mr Sachs, you can put my reply in the 'round file!' Hope you find a solution.
~

Old 06-19-2013, 11:40 AM
Andrew17019
Cruiser

+1 for a jiffy stand extender. I have an adjustable one that allows you to move it in or out depending on how much extension you want. I don't have to lean the bike at all, just had to learn where to put my foot to pop it out.

Old 06-19-2013, 11:56 AM
nevil
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 970 Likes on 733 Posts

I've had bikes with good and bad stands, but even the worse ones (including my Street Bob) were not a problem as long as I put the stand down while still on the bike. It's much more stable that way and you have your legs to use in case you lean it too far right.

Quick Reply: Dyna street Bob kick stand hard to use