Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bassani Road Rage On My Fatbob

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2013, 11:28 PM
EricInNCa
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 25 Likes on 24 Posts
Default Bassani Road Rage On My Fatbob

So I've had a Bubs Lakester 2:1 for about three years. Loved the pipe, power, & sound but hated the ground clearance. Even with my 13" Ricor rear shocks, the pipe really limited my right hand turns. I considered having it modded similar to what Joe the Powder Pro does but I also was having issues with it dragging on the front head pipe. It would have taken some serious cutting and welding to remedy the situation. So, I decided to get the Bassani Road Rage 2:1. One of my riding buddies has one and I was pleased with the look and sound. After hearing some "less than stellar" threads on the forum regarding customer service, I decided to roll the dice.

I ordered it in black from J&P Cycles and the pipe arrived in average time. I was eager to unpack it and check it out. The pipe looked good but (despite being really packed well) the front heat shield had a few small nicks in the ceramic coating. I proceeded to install the pipe on the following weekend. The head pipe was a bit difficult but got it mounted and it looked sweet. Then the disappointment set in. They had sent me the wrong muffler bracket. The one I got was about 3 inches short and for the "other" road rage 2:1. I contacted J&P who then contacted Bassani. Kurt from Bassani called me and I sent him pictures showing the wrong bracket. Without any further communication...a few days later I notice a tag on my front porch showing I had missed a delivery from Bassani. Even though Kurt got some bad press in another thread, he at least handled my situation OK. So, Long story short, I get the correct bracket and everything is installed.

I gotta say, I'm really diggin" this pipe and the extra ground clearance. Rode it hard today through some good twisties and felt Great leaning the bike over on the right side. All in all, I am really pleased with this pipe.

Also, after riding for a couple of years without a horn, I bought a horn cover from Kuryakyn that I'm happy with. It's the Mach II horn cover.

Now the pics...

Old 07-14-2013, 11:46 PM
HYPR
Road Master
Received 25 Likes on 16 Posts

Hey Eric,
You're gonna love the pipe. I've had mine for a few months and had my stock length RICORS for about two months and I have really pushed the bike had into some sweepers including some tight slow speed knee draggers that had my boards folded up by 30 degrees and the pipe never touched once.
I love the throaty sound and perhaps I am a Lone Ranger but after reading fitment issues I called Kirk prior to ordering and laid out exactly what I had. He advised me very clearly and he nailed it. The pipe went right in with no fitment or installation issues.
Bob

Last edited by HYPR; 07-15-2013 at 04:36 PM.
Old 07-14-2013, 11:48 PM
CryingJoker
Road Master
Received 240 Likes on 141 Posts

Looks good. Adds another choice to my decision of which 2 into 1 to buy

Old 07-15-2013, 06:05 AM
Sling Blade 14
Extreme HDF Member
Received 1,789 Likes on 931 Posts

I love my Bassani Road Rage

Old 07-15-2013, 07:35 AM
HD Pilot
Elite HDF Member
Received 55 Likes on 47 Posts

Looks great Eric, yeah Kurt took care of me too - not real fast, but he came through. That horn cover goes well with the RSD ac -nice!

Old 07-15-2013, 10:04 AM
G-Lock
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice man, I've been looking at this pipe. Good to hear your experience was positive.

Old 07-15-2013, 10:38 AM
Antonio Balls
Stellar HDF Member
Received 1,645 Likes on 789 Posts
Default Other?

What exactly is the "other Road Rage" and what are advantage or disadvantages of each?

Old 07-15-2013, 11:39 AM
JRK5892
Banned
Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

you still have that bub lakester? we mod them (same pipe i run) and i am sure i could flip that to a customer modded if you still got it and want to unload it...

Old 07-15-2013, 01:27 PM
dirtdobber
Elite HDF Member
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

There are basically 3 pipes for the Dyna
Sort muffler which uses a different header and gives better clearance on the front pipe
Second is the long muffler or pipe
short exhaust are for higher rpm power as when the long is for better lower end power.
This is if you are serious with your tuning.
The third are the B1 series. These are for large ci engines.

Old 07-15-2013, 03:54 PM
Antonio Balls
Stellar HDF Member
Received 1,645 Likes on 789 Posts
Default Thanks

Originally Posted by dirtdobber
There are basically 3 pipes for the Dyna
Sort muffler which uses a different header and gives better clearance on the front pipe
Second is the long muffler or pipe
short exhaust are for higher rpm power as when the long is for better lower end power.
This is if you are serious with your tuning.
The third are the B1 series. These are for large ci engines.
Is the diffference noticable between the short and long? I prefer the look and additional clearance of the short. (Why I was inquiring about the D and D Bobcat last week). Also, once the bike has the new cams and breaths better I bet I keep the RPM's up more than I do with the stock set up. Agree?

Quick Reply: Bassani Road Rage On My Fatbob