Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New water bottle holder

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2013, 04:16 PM
davidnewtonparr
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New water bottle holder

New water bottle holder-img_0193.jpg

I could only get one lousy photo to load, even though I took a bunch of good ones.

I removed the chrome decorative strip from my fuse box cover, and drilled two 1/4" holes in it to correspond with the holes on the flange of a black metal water bottle cage for a 10 speed that I had laying around. I used 2 black flange bolts 1/4-20 1/2" long with a brass washer, and nut with blue locktite. It took literally five minutes to put together. The picture is of the inside of the cover showing the two nuts and washers.

The location of the water bottle holder on the left side is awesome. The bottle sits right under my left thigh and doesn't get in the way. I had one of those handlebar setups, and I removed it, because it wasn't that handy and I didn't like the way it looked.

I have an iPhone and a Mac laptop, but can't figure out how to get the jpg the right size to be accepted and still show something.

Old 08-07-2013, 04:30 PM
davidnewtonparr
Cruiser

New water bottle holder-photo-1.jpg Here is a picture of the bottle cage on the bike.

New water bottle holder-photo.jpg Here's a gratuitous shot of my bike so far.

Old 08-07-2013, 04:42 PM
sgerry
Advanced

image tricks lite- great free app for the mac to resize pics, just be sure to check the right extension type when u save.

Old 08-07-2013, 05:05 PM
voudoujoe
Road Captain
Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts

I used a bicycle bottle holder as well. Put 3M double sided tape on the back and used 2 zip ties to attach it to the frame.

It's pretty easy to reach and totally out of the way. It doesn't stay really cold on a hot day, but it works. If I did it over again, I'd use a black holder ... it would be pretty much invisible when nothing is in it.

Attached Thumbnails New water bottle holder-waterbottle-holder.jpg  
Old 08-07-2013, 08:50 PM
Puffdaddy
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

pretty creative. I always use a small luggage rack bag if I'm needing to carry a drink on a long ride
I dig your Bob. Not usually a fan of pipe wrap, but yours goes well (sorry, but the seat doesn't). Had to sell my Sundowner cause I couldn't look at it,LOL

Old 08-07-2013, 09:41 PM
davidnewtonparr
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Puffdaddy
pretty creative. I always use a small luggage rack bag if I'm needing to carry a drink on a long ride
I dig your Bob. Not usually a fan of pipe wrap, but yours goes well (sorry, but the seat doesn't). Had to sell my Sundowner cause I couldn't look at it,LOL
You are right, I hate that seat, I bought it cuz my girl's butt hurt on the stock seat... I ordered a sick saddle solo and pillion. Real alligator, natural alligator color. Can't wait to put it on.

Old 08-08-2013, 06:40 AM
typicaldenimbob
Cruiser

I often wish I had a beverage when I go on rides w my local HOG chapter. Those old timers on geezer glides look so comfy and well hydrated on long chapter rides. I almost get angry when I'm dying of thirst and see them sipping their coffee or water. However, when we finally arrive at our destination and I'm Dehydrated, running on fumes, and with a sore *** and back... It's my bike that all the spectators are commenting on. IMHO Dynas don't look right with all those little touring creature comforts