Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone regret Denim paint?

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2013, 08:25 PM
chainbreaker
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone regret Denim paint?

I'm lookin' to order a 2014 Street Bob in Denim Black with the red steel laced steel wheels. Anyone regret getting any of the Denim colors? Are they easily scuffed, and how is it to take care of? It'll be a big change for me, as I am a bit of a chrome *****, ha ha!
Thanks!

Old 10-16-2013, 08:30 PM
deuce_streetbob
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I love my denim black...no scuff issues to this point, but I get tons and tons of compliments on it. In my opinion it looks fantastic with a little chrome thrown in.

Old 10-16-2013, 08:31 PM
maddghost
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

50-50 All the people I have spoken to who have denim paint are plit you eiher love it or hate it, usually after youve bought it.

Old 10-16-2013, 08:47 PM
chainbreaker
Cruiser

I have seen it on many bikes, and really like it. I'm going for an old school bobber look with the wheel combo. I want to get it pinstriped in red and white like an old hot rod.

Old 10-16-2013, 08:53 PM
Jimmy2Ball
Intermediate

There is a 2012 for sale on eBay. Black denim with red wheels. Nice looking bike you should check it out.

Old 10-16-2013, 10:38 PM
thedonthere
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

luv it....looks as good as the day I bought it.....cleans easily with a bottle of windex and a rag

Old 10-17-2013, 12:03 AM
HYPR
Road Master
Received 25 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by chainbreaker
I'm lookin' to order a 2014 Street Bob in Denim Black with the red steel laced steel wheels. Anyone regret getting any of the Denim colors? Are they easily scuffed, and how is it to take care of? It'll be a big change for me, as I am a bit of a chrome *****, ha ha!
Thanks!
I suppose it all depends on if you don't mind the Rat Rod look.
I've had mine since December 2011 and although I love the look I am a bit of a nut for an even finish and cleaning with either Windex or the HD Denim Paint cleaner dogb not provide a streak free finish. I have also attempted cleaning with water both alone and followed by both cleaners with similar results of either fogging or streaks. I found that after a year the finish became dry looking. After discussing with a PPG Rep I decided to apply some Maguiars pure Carnauba wax the one with no cleaner. I applied it in the shade in cool temperature of the evening without allowing it to dry or set up by wiping it on with a applicator pad and wiping off with a micro towel. The results were an even new like finish.
Painting additional parts was costly. Scratches cannot be simply touched up or air brushed because you cannot wet sand the finish. To repaint the surface you not only have to match the color but also the hue and surface texture. This is no easy task.
Having it to do over again I think I would have gone with Gloss Black and added some sort of flames or graphics.
Bob

Old 10-17-2013, 03:00 AM
Hogi
Cruiser

Have it on my Fatbob. Its look cool and hot rod'ish but I dont like it so much. I'm just n' old guy how love chrome and yelow bikes...

Old 10-17-2013, 03:03 AM
Tat2u
Road Warrior
Received 41 Likes on 38 Posts

Still glad I have it, soon as I saw it had to have it and don't regret it for a second

Old 10-17-2013, 03:04 AM
ChickinOnaChain
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 3,070 Likes on 2,554 Posts

I get a lot of positive comments on it. Cleaning is water or Windex. I do have a small shiny spot on the lower right side of my tank, where my chaps have touched it too much. Other than that, I really like it.

Quick Reply: Anyone regret Denim paint?