Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ricor Intiminators with Traxxion Straight Rate Springs

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2014, 08:40 PM
rooti
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I have a stock FXDC chrome clamp.

Old 05-03-2014, 10:17 PM
Silvio
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I tightened down the Speed Merchant preload adjusters one more band. This put them about 62% in. I'm not sure how that relates to the previous sag figures with them 50% out. I did not put the bike back on the lift and measure. Next time the bike's in the air, I'll do that.

I also tightened--lessened the sag--by one turn my Ricor rear shocks.

And I went for a ride on some of my favorite roads with bumps and curves.

There is no question that the response is dramatically improved. I will keep fiddling with it to get it the best possible, but I'm really happy with the suspension's current performance.

Overall, I would say that a lot of the differences are really subtle. As a new rider, I might be having some trouble identifying the changes. What I experienced on the milled road could be a matter of my expectations being too high. That section is a pretty rough patch, and it might just be too much for any suspension to solidly handle (I should get a pic or two and throw it up here for reference).

I am looking into the steering head bearings as rooti suggested, and am gathering information. I started another thread on it to avoid hijacking this one.

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/dyna-...quesitons.html

As of now, I'm happy with the results. I need some more time to tune it all in and to see if I can get it any better, but it's definitely moving in the right direction.

Old 05-03-2014, 10:28 PM
b2inUT
Road Warrior
Received 148 Likes on 90 Posts

Originally Posted by rooti
I have a stock FXDC chrome clamp.
Assuming you're talking to me, rooti... I've got a lead on one. I'll let you know if that falls through. Thanks.

Old 05-05-2014, 12:44 PM
murrayliving
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

.......holy Toledo.....
http://www.racetech.com/page/id/146

Old 05-05-2014, 02:29 PM
rooti
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Hey Silvio, I think you are headed in the right direction. I initially have never been instantly satisfied with any of the suspension mods I have done. It takes adjustments to get everything right. Then one day you go out for an all day ride and it hits you...man this is sweet. When you hear one after another raving about how great the mods are you expect some kind of miracle suspension where it turns all bad roads into good roads. The reality is the bad roads are still bad.

I didn't realize that you were a relatively new rider. The suspension work you do now will be more realized when you really start pushing the bike. It will also give you the confidence to trust what it will do. I had two bad experiences with the stock suspension with my wife on the back. One was in a corner I took real tight...felt like the back tire was going to wash out on me. So bad I pulled over and checked the tire pressure before going on. And the second was a bad bump that damn near launched her off the back. (the person riding behind me said she came a foot off the seat) So the suspension upgrades help take some of the spookyness out.
I have one loop ride I use for testing. I've done this same road probably a hundred times so I get a pretty good idea of how the changes are working. I think you will be surprised when you go out on a all day ride. I went with my wife on the back saturday and we got into some pretty good corners and even caught air once.
It was rock solid...but that was after the 4th time of taking it apart and putting it back together. Just be glad you didn't have to get a lighter spring..to think I almost didn't go through the trouble...made the difference for me.

Last edited by rooti; 05-05-2014 at 02:34 PM.
Old 05-20-2014, 09:59 AM
monster715
Road Warrior
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Great way to start my Tuesday.. Came out this morning to a nice little wet spot on the garage floor under the right fork leg... Only been about 4k miles since I did the traxxion/ricor install and I rebuilt the lowers with the Harley kit when I did it. Looks like the crush washer is leaking even tho everything was torqued to spec.. Anyone had issues with this? I'll get it on the lift this weekend and find out for sure but I'm almost positive that's what's leaking. Looks like I get to take it apart again, thought I nailed it the first time around dammit!

Old 05-20-2014, 10:31 AM
SC-Longhair
Club Member
Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Don't feel bad, monster.

Seems my seals are leaking...again.

I might just say eff it and order the new monotube kit from progressive since it's finally available.

Old 05-20-2014, 04:32 PM
monster715
Road Warrior
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Now that I look again both sides are wet.. Wtf how could they both be leaking already ? Guess I need to order more shock therapy and a couple more Chinese washers...

Old 07-27-2014, 08:21 PM
rsking45
Road Warrior
Received 91 Likes on 74 Posts

I finally ordered my springs which are 44x380x.90 .Yesterday I installed the springs and the ricors. I spent a few hours tying to get the correct amount of sag.Spacer lengths from 5-8 inch spacers and can not get the correct sag.I tried spacers starting lust below the treads inside the tubes to .5 above the tubes.Its better with the longer spacer but I can only get 1 in of sag. I gave up because my fingers ache and had enough of taking it apart putting it back together and repeat

Old 07-28-2014, 11:55 AM
WMX124
Road Captain
Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by rsking45
I finally ordered my springs which are 44x380x.90 .Yesterday I installed the springs and the ricors. I spent a few hours tying to get the correct amount of sag.Spacer lengths from 5-8 inch spacers and can not get the correct sag.I tried spacers starting lust below the treads inside the tubes to .5 above the tubes.Its better with the longer spacer but I can only get 1 in of sag. I gave up because my fingers ache and had enough of taking it apart putting it back together and repeat
Are you sure you're measuring the sag correctly?

Quick Reply: Ricor Intiminators with Traxxion Straight Rate Springs