Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

teardrop tool case

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2013, 12:11 PM
fskitch
Road Master
Received 313 Likes on 160 Posts
Default teardrop tool case

Ordered the teardrop tool case shown in V-Twin catalog- # 50-2025 from JP cycles as V-twin has discontinued this item. V-Twin customer support said JP cycles must have ordered a bunch if they had some ready for shipping. It came in chrome only so I plasti-dipped the tool box cover black to go with the chrome and black set up on the bike. Add's just a little extra storage and I like the look. Great for extra gloves, thermals, glasses, tools, rags,lunch, flask, pistol etc. You can get the box minus the dyna bracket in black or chrome all over the place and fabricate your own bracket. The bracket shipped with the kit mounts to the holes for passenger peg and comes with extra long bolts for use of the right side peg but my bikes solo only. (wife has her own bike). My left peg mount is unavailable due to the harley swingarm bag. Crappy pictures taken last night but you get the idea.

Attached Thumbnails teardrop tool case-img_0421.jpg   teardrop tool case-img_0422.jpg   teardrop tool case-img_0423.jpg  
Old 11-18-2013, 06:11 AM
AFMM3
Road Warrior
Received 70 Likes on 41 Posts

Looks good. I made my own bracket for mine a few years ago. Just remember, anything that you put in there gets all of the engine vibration as it is attached to the swingarm (which is attached directly to the engine). Reach down and feel it while you are riding, quite a bit of vibration but if the bracket is strong enough you will be OK.

Old 11-18-2013, 06:13 AM
Scudda
Stellar HDF Member
Received 3,213 Likes on 941 Posts

I put one on my Fat boy...Gives a little lockable storage

Old 02-16-2014, 11:32 PM
fskitch
Road Master
Received 313 Likes on 160 Posts

Originally Posted by AFMM3
Looks good. I made my own bracket for mine a few years ago. Just remember, anything that you put in there gets all of the engine vibration as it is attached to the swingarm (which is attached directly to the engine). Reach down and feel it while you are riding, quite a bit of vibration but if the bracket is strong enough you will be OK.
Update....your homemade bracket must be much tougher then the one that came with mine.....today mine snapped clean off where it 90's up to the bolt holes from all the vibration. I don't recommend the dyna bracket sold in the JP catalog. I think they're getting discontinued... I see why!