Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

West Coast T bar owners chime in

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2013, 05:57 PM
missedem
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 34 Likes on 29 Posts
Default West Coast T bar owners chime in

Wondering if installing a set of street bob west coast t bars 12 inch will help cut down on wobbling during riding. Also do you have to install a fairing to get the bars to look right . thanks in advance.. Richard.

Old 11-16-2013, 06:20 PM
glock35
Tourer
Received 41 Likes on 19 Posts

I recently installed a set of 12" MX-Tbars by WestCoast Tbars. I also replaced the stock bushings with the Poly bushings. I can say that the handling is outstanding compared to the stock mini apes on my '13 Street Bob. I would highly recommend them for better handling, at least that is my opinion. Looks are subjective, I think T-Bars look better with a fairing, but it is not necessary to have one. I also found that the MX-Tbars seem to look a little less harsh compared to regular T-Bars

Old 11-16-2013, 06:36 PM
dudshep31
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have a set on both my bikes. With the correct bushings, handling is great. No wobble. Some bikes look good without a fairing. However, the amount of wind it cuts and having less fatigue make a fairing worth it IMO. The bars are high quality and Scotty is a good dude.

Old 11-16-2013, 06:49 PM
Crazy
Grand HDF Member
Received 1,516 Likes on 805 Posts

Originally Posted by missedem
Wondering if installing a set of street bob west coast t bars 12 inch will help cut down on wobbling during riding. Also do you have to install a fairing to get the bars to look right . thanks in advance.. Richard.
I've got 12" T-bars on my Street Bob. I don't know if they're West Coast or not because I bought them used. No wobble on my bike, but I have to admit it didn't wobble before I put them on. Looks are subjective but I like mine with no fairing.

Old 11-16-2013, 08:16 PM
missedem
Outstanding HDF Member

thanks for the responses.. I am going to try a couple of more things to eliminate some of the wobbling im getting . I love the wild one chubby outlawz bars that I have . If I cannot get the handling where I want it I will seriously consider these bars. I am getting to the point I don't care much how the bike looks . I want it to handle and perform .

Old 11-16-2013, 08:18 PM
missedem
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by Crazy
I've got 12" T-bars on my Street Bob. I don't know if they're West Coast or not because I bought them used. No wobble on my bike, but I have to admit it didn't wobble before I put them on. Looks are subjective but I like mine with no fairing.

Hey man I grew up overseas in taiwan for a few years and was a big flying tiger fan. I love what you have done with your bike. its original, historic and just plain bad ***. Also I was born in Albuquerque.

Last edited by missedem; 11-16-2013 at 08:21 PM.
Old 11-16-2013, 09:22 PM
G-Lock
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I run West Coast mxtbars on my wide glide and I don't experience any wobble. I would be concerned with your bearings in the neck of your scoot.

Old 11-16-2013, 09:33 PM
Irish883
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

10" WCTB here. Absolutely no complaints and the handling is far beyond what it was with the stock apes. Fairing is all personal choice, but it does fit the tbar look and the wind it cuts off your chest is nice.

Old 11-16-2013, 09:41 PM
izzyryder
Road Warrior
Received 86 Likes on 63 Posts

11 1/2 west coat t-bars and I have no wobble..

Did you check to make sure that the riser bolts are properly torqued?

Also, poly bushings could help.

Old 11-17-2013, 08:58 AM
Crazy
Grand HDF Member
Received 1,516 Likes on 805 Posts

Originally Posted by missedem
Hey man I grew up overseas in taiwan for a few years and was a big flying tiger fan. I love what you have done with your bike. its original, historic and just plain bad ***. Also I was born in Albuquerque.
Thanks a lot for the compliment. My dads oldest brother was in the 13th AF in the pacific in WWII, so this bike is a little tribute to him, even though he wasn't in the Flying Tigers.

I've only been in Albuquerque for 22 years and it's changed a lot since then.

I screwed up a little when I had the painter do this. I didn't realize that by the time my uncle was in (1942) the USAAC had been changed to the USAAF.

Last edited by Crazy; 11-19-2013 at 10:04 AM.

Quick Reply: West Coast T bar owners chime in