Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

seats for big guys

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2013, 09:25 PM
kevin_s
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default seats for big guys

Hello,I just bought a new (13)WG and after putting a few miles on her I came to the conclusion that I need a better seat to hold my big old fat,flat ***.I am only looking at solo seats and looking for some recommendations from the forum.
Pictures would help me too,thanks.

Old 11-21-2013, 11:10 PM
voudoujoe
Road Captain
Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts

Try a search, too. There's a lot of threads.

Like the others, you will probably hear the same things - various people swear by Mustang Vintage Solo and Wide Solo and Day Tripper, C&C, Danny Gray Buttcrack, Corbin. The usual suspects. People like Sick Saddles, too. But, if you are a bigger guy, I'd recommend you avoid them. The way the seat pans curve up in the front and back might not suit you. Didn't suit me.

You will also hear people rave about the HD Sundowner Solo - this is what I have. It's not that I need the MoCo logo on everything; I picked it up at a swap meet, almost brand new, for $12. Best mod for the money I ever made.

I've ridden 350-500+ miles on back to back to back days with no comfort issues at all. I also appreciate the seat sits me back and up nearly 2". It's not a low hard tough look, but I'd rather have the legroom and long haul comfort.

Old 11-21-2013, 11:27 PM
Sharpie
Road Warrior
Received 31 Likes on 28 Posts

Go back to the dealership and try the various demo seats they have. That would be only for HD seats. I have a WG seat on my Super Glide that I picked up for $30 and it seems to do well for me. I'm 5-11 240#. I really can't tell the difference from the stock 2 up SG seat and the WG solo seat. My brother runs a 2 up Mustang and really likes it. I think you have to try them to determine how it fits your body.

Old 11-22-2013, 03:08 AM
Tall Timber
Road Warrior
Received 425 Likes on 259 Posts

6'7 here and love my mustang wide tripper with diamond stitching.

Old 11-22-2013, 03:52 AM
PKellyMc
Outstanding HDF Member
Location: PacNW; Beacon of Conservatism in a Sea of Liberals.......AZ Snowbird; Just another Conservative
Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

Sundowner-Sundowner-Sundowner. (like Real Estate's "Location-Location-Location")

Old 11-22-2013, 06:43 AM
Jeff's 1st Harley
Road Master
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

My Sundowner works good for my big butt

Old 11-22-2013, 07:54 AM
Danish-chopper
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just got my mustang wintage wide solo... I had been reading a lot of seat threads and even started one myself. I havent had the chance to try mine yet.. Winter time here now:-( but i tried to sit on it and it really feels great.. I never thought i would be getting a "big" seat because i used to like the look of a low, slim and discrete seat.. But after getting reccomended the mustang wintage many times i started looking a lot on this seat.. And i ended up choosing the wide because it looked like it had this small "edge" at the back, supporting your lower back and help holding your *** in the seat under acceleration, which was what i was looking for.. Even though i havent tried it propperly yet i will reccomend it to you.. It has a really nice finish (handmade) and is really nice to sit in.. Allso for a big seat, i dont think it looks as clumsy as the sundowner... Not being disrespectful to you sundowner guys.. Because i am sure a sundowner is nice for our biker asses:-) but still i like the look of the mustang better.. A matter of taste... Send me a pm and i can email some pictures..

Old 11-22-2013, 09:46 AM
Antonio Balls
Stellar HDF Member
Received 1,642 Likes on 786 Posts
Default Stock Look??

If you like the stock look and it is comfort that has you considering a change give a look and shout to Mean City Cycles (www.meancitycycles.com) They will take your stock seat and change it for the better. At minumum they will add memory foam but you can also add gell. They will also make it so you can sit forward or backward more. They also cut a channel for your tail bone. I used them for my 2013 Super Glide Custom and the difference is night and day! Highly recommend. One more thing, the prices are VERY reasonable. Good luck!

Old 11-22-2013, 10:50 AM
BigDogIdaho
Grand HDF Member
Received 187 Likes on 145 Posts

I love my Corbin. I got the solo touring with backrest when I was in Cali. I almost fell asleep on the trip back to Idaho cause it was so damn comfy. My wife got the same seat for her WG, she couldn't be happier.

Old 11-22-2013, 11:32 AM
TUCCI
Extreme HDF Member
Received 218 Likes on 167 Posts

Originally Posted by Antonio *****
If you like the stock look and it is comfort that has you considering a change give a look and shout to Mean City Cycles (www.meancitycycles.com) They will take your stock seat and change it for the better. At minumum they will add memory foam but you can also add gell. They will also make it so you can sit forward or backward more. They also cut a channel for your tail bone. I used them for my 2013 Super Glide Custom and the difference is night and day! Highly recommend. One more thing, the prices are VERY reasonable. Good luck!
Its a good idea to hear good and bad reviews about a popular choice used by many like MCC....I suggest you find a local alpholstery shop before sending it to MCC, everyone swears by them but my experience with them was less than favorable and will not use them or recommend them again
With that said; I would start with a good quality seat riding it around for a couple hundred miles, then if you want to modify it have a local shop with a good BBB rating nip and tuck it to your needs.

Quick Reply: seats for big guys