Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

arlen ness or hd quarter fairing

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2014, 11:42 PM
JonnyLew
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default arlen ness or hd quarter fairing

I know theres similar threads to other makes..but i want opinions..goin on my 14 charcoal pearl..im really tossed between the two..im aware of the t-sports and others to take wind off the face but when i ride im wanting that..so ness or hd??

Old 02-08-2014, 02:13 AM
TRIED N TRUE
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Do you have a link to the HD fairing?

Old 02-08-2014, 03:00 AM
Irish883
Road Captain

Avoid the Ness, in my opinion; it is way too expensive for the quality you get. I had mine mounted for like 3 months and it already started cracking because it is made from a very flimsy plastic. When mounted it is relatively solid, but that doesn't change the fact that it is still a flimsy plastic and definitely not worth the ~$300 you pay for it.

I would say stick with the HD, given your options, or take a look at any of the other 1/4 fairings out there.

Old 02-08-2014, 11:39 AM
JonnyLew
Tourer

ok irish so sounding like the ness is pretty delicate..what you got on your ride?

Old 02-08-2014, 07:38 PM
Irish883
Road Captain

Originally Posted by JonnyLew
ok irish so sounding like the ness is pretty delicate..what you got on your ride?
I'm now running the Memphis Shades Gauntlet and their own mounting hardware. The fairing itself is night and day compared to the Ness when it comes to quality. I also think it looks better than the Ness since it isn't as "bubbly" and doesn't stick out to the front as far.

Memphis Shades also has a new 1/4 fairing they are working on that they refer to as "cafe" style. It looks more like the Ness, but if the quality of my Gauntlet is an indicator, it will be a better option.

This is the "cafe" fairing here:

http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/m...49mm-front-end

Old 02-08-2014, 07:44 PM
JonnyLew
Tourer

awesome Irish thanks for the help..i talked with my closest hd dealer and from them i can get the hd quarter fairing for the same price as the ness fairing but il have to get those adapters from bungking ..those memphis shades are nice though..my mom has a yello iron that that cafe would look killer on aswell

Old 02-08-2014, 07:52 PM
Irish883
Road Captain

Originally Posted by JonnyLew
awesome Irish thanks for the help..i talked with my closest hd dealer and from them i can get the hd quarter fairing for the same price as the ness fairing but il have to get those adapters from bungking ..those memphis shades are nice though..my mom has a yello iron that that cafe would look killer on aswell
Np bud. I definitely dig the HD fairing as well, I just couldn't stomach the cost. The vivid black fairing and hardware is $399 in the parts catalog and I would still have had to get the extra mounting kit from Bung King for the 49mm forks. My Gauntlet was $150 + another $140 or so for the quick mount hardware kit. The wallet spoke on that one.

Old 02-08-2014, 08:04 PM
JonnyLew
Tourer

Originally Posted by Irish883
Np bud. I definitely dig the HD fairing as well, I just couldn't stomach the cost. The vivid black fairing and hardware is $399 in the parts catalog and I would still have had to get the extra mounting kit from Bung King for the 49mm forks. My Gauntlet was $150 + another $140 or so for the quick mount hardware kit. The wallet spoke on that one.
yeah i hear ya brother..well i got some time to acumulate some cash before riding season so il just have to wait abit..wont put the rubber on the road untill may so got some time..paint is gonna be killer i think itl be just as much as the fairing

Old 02-09-2014, 01:41 AM
EastBay_Solo
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Irish883
Avoid the Ness, in my opinion; it is way too expensive for the quality you get. I had mine mounted for like 3 months and it already started cracking because it is made from a very flimsy plastic. When mounted it is relatively solid, but that doesn't change the fact that it is still a flimsy plastic and definitely not worth the ~$300 you pay for it.

I would say stick with the HD, given your options, or take a look at any of the other 1/4 fairings out there.
Agreed I live about half a mile from Ness. Checked it out and like the homie said the plastic is really flimsy. I ended up going with the HD 1/4 fairing. I used Kuryaken 49mm fork tube turn signal clamps to get it on. I do have a set of HD 49mm quick release clamps I can sell you if you like for $75+shipping. let me know they are just sitting there collecting dust. You can buy an extra one with a lock so they can't steal the fairing. I bought these quick release clamps from another forum member after I installed the fairing. Just ended up not using them.

Old 02-09-2014, 05:25 AM
loopie
Road Captain
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

seeing the ness fairing comes out of Taiwan what do you expect

Quick Reply: arlen ness or hd quarter fairing