Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Best 95" Kit

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2014, 10:33 AM
jbob208
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best 95" Kit

I'm ready to go to 95", Who makes the best, most complete and most bulletproof kit?
05 FXDLI

Old 02-14-2014, 11:24 AM
Carl '69
Outstanding HDF Member

Received 694 Likes on 338 Posts

Any of the builders who are sponsors here will bore your cylinders to 95/97/98 & ensure correct piston-bore fit for less than you'll pay for a "kit". And... proper piston-bore fit is not guaranteed with the Screaming Eagle kit.

The following users liked this post:
mud (03-05-2020)
Old 02-14-2014, 11:45 AM
jbob208
Novice

Boring the jugs to match pistons is fine, what about heads and cams?

Old 02-14-2014, 11:59 AM
SLV
Elite HDF Member
Received 44 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by jbob208
Boring the jugs to match pistons is fine, what about heads and cams?
That's the thing. Bore alone won't give the best bang for the buck. Talk to Joe The Powder Pro (User JRK something something something). He's got a hot 95, runs it hard and has had it for a good long time. He'll have a good recommendation for you.

User VDOP is into so e heavy drag racing and know the best builders too.

Old 02-14-2014, 12:50 PM
jmb79
Road Master
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

jbob208,

Where in Nebraska are you? If you're in the western part of the state, you might want to consider taking your bike to Sangers Cycles in Fort Collins, Colorado. This is really a top notch indy shop where the folks really know how to get the most out of your upgrades. I too have an 05 FXDLi and Sangers handled the 95" upgrade, cams, and head work (they send the heads to 10 Litre Performance). This bike runs very strong. See the numbers in my sig line.

I know Sangers recently did some engine upgrades on a father's and son's bikes, both of whom are from Nebraska.

In any event, there are lot's of good shops out there who can do this kindy of work but I figured I recommend one place that may be within your driving radius, depending on where in Nebraska you live.

Old 02-14-2014, 12:59 PM
JRK5892
Banned
Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

I run a 95, solid, i have never been a fan of KIT builds as i wanted something to be built around my riding style not off the shelf. WFO Larry did my heads and my crank, the rest of the specs are in my signature below. I built mine to be a 1/4 mile ripper and still have the ability to get on the highway and roll at 80 all day long. bike has power everywhere... ill see if i can dig up my dyno sheets i know they where on here in the past

Old 02-14-2014, 02:07 PM
jbob208
Novice

JMB79 I'm located in the Grand Island area, but Colo Springs could be a possibility. you and JRK5892 Sound like you have the build I am looking for, I would like to find a quality shop to do the work (I have known of 1 shop that used battery acid to lock crank nuts) so any reccomended GOOD shops are appreciated.

Like everyone I want power and dependibility. One area shop uses a kit (heads and jugs) from a guy on ebay to do the conversion and has had good luck. I need somthing that can be a daily rider that won't give me fits at 20 degrees for daily commute but won't burn up in 105 degree trips across country

Old 02-14-2014, 02:23 PM
jmb79
Road Master

JMB79 I'm located in the Grand Island area, but Colo Springs could be a possibility. you and JRK5892 Sound like you have the build I am looking for, I would like to find a quality shop to do the work (I have known of 1 shop that used battery acid to lock crank nuts) so any reccomended GOOD shops are appreciated.

Like everyone I want power and dependibility. One area shop uses a kit (heads and jugs) from a guy on ebay to do the conversion and has had good luck. I need somthing that can be a daily rider that won't give me fits at 20 degrees for daily commute but won't burn up in 105 degree trips across country
Actually, Sangers is in Fort Collins, not Colorado Springs. Fort Collins is 100 miles closer to you than Colorado Springs is.

In the three months since the work on my bike was completed, it has been my daily driver except when ice was on the ground. I've started the bike and driven it temps approachingn 0 degrees Fahrenheit and it's never stumbled or stuttered. Haven't run it in hot weather yet but I don't anticipate any trouble. Sangers has been building performance engines for a long time. They know what they're doing.

Old 02-14-2014, 02:35 PM
jbob208
Novice

Originally Posted by jmb79
Actually, Sangers is in Fort Collins, not Colorado Springs. Fort Collins is 100 miles closer to you than Colorado Springs is.

In the three months since the work on my bike was completed, it has been my daily driver except when ice was on the ground. I've started the bike and driven it temps approachingn 0 degrees Fahrenheit and it's never stumbled or stuttered. Haven't run it in hot weather yet but I don't anticipate any trouble. Sangers has been building performance engines for a long time. They know what they're doing.
What kind of $$$ (ballpark) are we talking?

Old 02-14-2014, 03:21 PM
jmb79
Road Master

What kind of $$$ (ballpark) are we talking?
There are, of course, many variables that go into final price. For example, yes or no on headwork, what cams are you going with, will you switch to gear driven cams, etc.

That said, for a 95" big bore with heads and cams, plus a Power Commander V and a dyno tune, you're probably looking at $3,000 to $4,000. I actually cannot remember the exact price (I'm probably repressing it). Give them a call and speak with Kevin, the owner. (970) 419-5500.

This all assumes that you already have high flowing exhaust and air cleaner installed.

Quick Reply: Best 95" Kit