Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LED Signal/Tail/Brake installed - AWESOME!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2014, 04:36 PM
Kustrud
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LED Signal/Tail/Brake installed - AWESOME!!

I cant say enough about these! It is every bit of 5 times brighter than what was in there. I was searching for a tail light solution as well after chopping my fender, not anymore. I have the converter so my TS are brake and running as well and these things hurt to look at! Problem solved!! Old light on left - LED on right. In person there is literally no comparison....

Old 03-03-2014, 05:12 PM
Mr Bentwrench
Road Captain
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Man, you are one busy fellow! Do you work?

Anyway, you are doing everything right and running just a bit ahead of my project.

Patriot Defender, check.
B/T/S lighting module, too cool. One Q? Uhhh...what kit or bill of materials?

Last edited by Mr Bentwrench; 03-03-2014 at 09:03 PM.
Old 03-03-2014, 05:25 PM
Kustrud
Tourer

Haha yeah 8-5! Evenings have been gym and then work on bike till 10 or 11! Going to Stergis this year and want it done before then! I'm almost there. I want to black out my shocks minus the springs, belt guard, wheels, and lower forks then I'm done! What all ya want a part list and $$ for? I'll put it together! Honestly minus the pipe ($400 on Amazon) it's all been hardware store stuff and Rustoleum spray on Bedliner and a bunch of time haha!

Old 03-03-2014, 06:37 PM
Mr Bentwrench
Road Captain
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

No silly. Just your kit or bill of materials for the tail light set-up. I've got an '07 that is stripped about ready to get bobbed too. Your trick saves me the initial cost of the Spartco light. I'll PM you about straight vs radius cut and holes later

Great choice on the Patriot. They are flat blowing up the dyno on the Sportster forum. What a sleeper!

edit: However performance begins to really drop more and more as the flap comes off of anything less than full open.

Last edited by Mr Bentwrench; 03-03-2014 at 06:43 PM.
Old 03-03-2014, 07:01 PM
Kustrud
Tourer

As far as I'm concerned the only way to run it is wide open. Mines now permanent! As far as the lights, my wiring is a little different as I completely did away with the circuit board in the stock tail light housing and just direct wired everything. All you need is the stock light bodies, LED inserts or whatever you call them, and hardware such as shorter bolt, washers, and spacer if you want to bring them in closer and the "Tripple play" I believe it's called from HD. I never checked but you can try this to aave money and if it doesn't work, I owe you a fuse. Your stock TS should have two wires, a violet and a black, if you take the wires going into the main circuit board in the tail light, the red and blue are running and brake and black is ground and brown is TS from switch. So maybe if you splice the violet from TS into the blue, red, and brown, and splice your grounds together, it will be doing everything the Tripple play connector does thus providing running brake and turn at that light and same on the other side but purple instead of brown except one is right and one is left. Probably won't work but worth a shot at saving $50.

Last edited by Kustrud; 03-03-2014 at 07:09 PM.
Old 03-03-2014, 07:10 PM
slozomby
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

those look like the custom dynamic lights. not sure which rtb module he used.