Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Picking up a Harley Swingarm Bag Today

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2014, 10:26 AM
lhgdale
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 56 Likes on 32 Posts
Default Picking up a Harley Swingarm Bag Today

I called my dealer to special order a black swingarm bag for my 14 Street Bob. I was suprised when the parts guy told me they had one in stock, so i'll be picking it up today and installing it. I read in a few threads that if you install it per Harleys instructions it will not match the pic on the website and sit high. I know a few people installed it a different way to make it sit in line with the primary..

Old 03-07-2014, 10:29 AM
spankdog
Road Warrior
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I really like the look of those bags. Just wish you didn't have to lose the rear foot peg to install it.

Old 03-07-2014, 12:44 PM
lhgdale
Outstanding HDF Member

Best looking bag in my opinion. Ive just heard the install is a pain to get it looking right.

Old 03-07-2014, 12:59 PM
Bushranger
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If you do a search there is a thread that explains how to get it to sit better near electrical box like it does in the promo photos, apparently it sits higher than the photos without a few minor adjustments.

Think this is the one.
https://www.hdforums.com/forum/dyna-...00570-a-8.html

Old 03-07-2014, 01:21 PM
jmeiers
Road Warrior
Received 29 Likes on 25 Posts

Its simple. Just cut the mounting tab flush. I can give you all the help and pictures you need to get it right. I contributed to that thread posted above.

The bag is so nice that you don't even know I have a bag on my bike by looking at my sig photo.

Need help, just ask right here.

Old 03-07-2014, 01:48 PM
lhgdale
Outstanding HDF Member

Thanks for the info. I'm gonna put it on this afternoon. Questions will probably follow shortly.

Old 03-07-2014, 02:20 PM
AussieTX
Tourer
Received 27 Likes on 18 Posts

I would recommend using some heavy duty zip ties instead of the straps that are included with the bag for the install.
The clips on the strapstake up some valuable space inside the bag.

Old 03-07-2014, 02:28 PM
lhgdale
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by AussieTX
I would recommend using some heavy duty zip ties instead of the straps that are included with the bag for the install.
The clips on the strapstake up some valuable space inside the bag.
Gottcha, will do.

Old 03-07-2014, 03:40 PM
NYC.streetkid
Tourer
Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts

I saw one at a dealership a while back. Looked good / made well . . . . took it outside to my bike to see how it fit / looked. Cool! Brought it back in to buy . . . When I was told $250, I just laughed! Geez, that's frkkin ridiculous! Didn't buy it on principle (as dumb as that sounds). Hope you got it cheaper or price is not an issue for you. Hopefully it will last a long time and you will get a lot of use out of it (for that price it damn well should)

Old 03-07-2014, 04:04 PM
jmeiers
Road Warrior
Received 29 Likes on 25 Posts

This bag is worth it. Full price or not (I paid $180.) I have had it for 2 years now and going into my 3rd. It is top-notch and, if you are anything like me, you will use it every time you ride because I don't like having my wallet, phone, etc. in my pockets.

It also can hold a 6-pack of Bud Light cans. (I've been known to throw a couple in there while out for a ride, haha)

Yes, there are cheaper options out there but peeps in these forums are known for spending $100 plus on a blinged out horn cover. At least this bag is functional and made specifically for a Dyna. Also, the bike still keeps its minimalistic looks. Like I said, can you tell I have a bag on my bike by looking at my sig pic?

Last edited by jmeiers; 03-07-2014 at 04:08 PM.

Quick Reply: Picking up a Harley Swingarm Bag Today