Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

help me out. Leatherpros replicas on fat bob?

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2014, 10:29 PM
izzyryder
Road Warrior
Received 86 Likes on 63 Posts
Default help me out. Leatherpros replicas on fat bob?

Has anyone here put on or seen the leatherpros FXDX replica bags on a fat bob?

I"m specifically interested in whether I would have to relocate my rear signals on my fat bob. I'm thinking I may not due to the different placement.

Can anyone let me know what's what?

Old 03-09-2014, 12:39 AM
slozomby
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

there are very few bags that are large enough to reach the rear signals on a fatbob. i'd say you wouldnt have to but you might give them a ring and ask.

Old 03-09-2014, 01:00 AM
stephenhelsel
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have a set of the actual leather bags I'm gonna be selling. Came on my o1 dyna when I bought it last year. I dont use em .send me an email and I will send u pics of the bags to see .they are really nice bags and in great shape. with locks on them.

My email is: stephen.helsel@hotmail.com

Old 03-09-2014, 09:04 AM
izzyryder
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by slozomby
there are very few bags that are large enough to reach the rear signals on a fatbob. i'd say you wouldnt have to but you might give them a ring and ask.
Yeah I'm gonna call Monday and ask. Do we still get a forum discount?

Does anyone have any pictures of inside the bags? How does the mounting system hold up over time.

My alternate option is to take a set of cortech sport bags to use with the cyclevisions bareback, because they expand. I have the cruiser IIIs but they are just too small.

Old 03-09-2014, 11:34 AM
brandon95354
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by izzyryder
Yeah I'm gonna call Monday and ask. Do we still get a forum discount?

Does anyone have any pictures of inside the bags? How does the mounting system hold up over time.

My alternate option is to take a set of cortech sport bags to use with the cyclevisions bareback, because they expand. I have the cruiser IIIs but they are just too small.

the bags and mounting system will hold up just fine, i have over 25,000 miles on a set with no issues as far as quality.

Old 03-09-2014, 12:34 PM
SquidHead
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

I don't know how the Fat Bob's struts compare to the Street Bob's, but here are some close ups of my bags. I think Leatherpro's mounts are the cleanest out there.

I had to grind down the tab on the mounting lever when I added the HD rigid side plates. That crappy finish job is mine, not Garry's.

I know we have the same exhaust. Mine doesn't cause any problems with the right side bag other than any clothes packed in that side smell like motorcycle when I pull them out.

Old 03-09-2014, 02:35 PM
SquidHead
Outstanding HDF Member

I'm at the dealer getting an ABS bleed and just took a look at a 14 Fat Bob. I see what you mean about the strut mounts. I'll lay a measuring tape on mine when I get home and snap a few pics for you.

By eyeballing it, I think they might fit without moving your sigs.

Old 03-09-2014, 05:40 PM
izzyryder
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by SquidHead
I'm at the dealer getting an ABS bleed and just took a look at a 14 Fat Bob. I see what you mean about the strut mounts. I'll lay a measuring tape on mine when I get home and snap a few pics for you. By eyeballing it, I think they might fit without moving your sigs.

Cool man thanks for helping me out. Pics really helped too. Everyone seems to rave about them, but they are $$$. I'm almost there, but just don't wanna have to move my sigs.

I was also eyeballing some of the Viking lamellar hard bags, but the site says they are all out of stock.

Old 03-09-2014, 06:18 PM
SquidHead
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by izzyryder
Cool man thanks for helping me out. Pics really helped too. Everyone seems to rave about them, but they are $$$. I'm almost there, but just don't wanna have to move my sigs.

I was also eyeballing some of the Viking lamellar hard bags, but the site says they are all out of stock.
Here's a pic with a tape measure. The 5" mark is centered on the rear strut mount. Hopefully that will give you an idea.

$685-$700 is a be leap for something you aren't sure about, I know. You might try hitting up the DYNA PAGE on facebook for someone near you that has a set. If you could just hold them up against your strut, you'll know immediately if they'll work without a relo.

Old 03-09-2014, 11:10 PM
izzyryder
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by SquidHead
Here's a pic with a tape measure. The 5" mark is centered on the rear strut mount. Hopefully that will give you an idea. $685-$700 is a be leap for something you aren't sure about, I know. You might try hitting up the DYNA PAGE on facebook for someone near you that has a set. If you could just hold them up against your strut, you'll know immediately if they'll work without a relo.
Thanks for measuring for me. Unfortunately after checking it would definitely be too tight a fit and would rub either the shock or the turn signal.

So I went to check out some more hard bags and found out vikingbags had the ones I wanted back in stock:

http://www.vikingbags.com/viking-lam...saddlebags.htm

Quick Reply: help me out. Leatherpros replicas on fat bob?