Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Scorchers on a WideGlide..

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2014, 12:18 PM
bobg03
Road Master
Received 240 Likes on 150 Posts
Default Scorchers on a WideGlide..

Let's try this in the right forum...

I may be of a small majority here but I like the Michelin Scorchers that came on my Wide Glide.

Problem is they are only available from dealer and of course they are pricey.

They seem to be wearing well at almost 7K but will surely need replacement this year. I like the way they ride and they seem to really stick to the road.

I'm curious what others have done and if they are happy with whatever purchase they made.

Thx...

Old 03-10-2014, 12:25 PM
JonnyLew
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i was looking lastnight dunlop and bridgestone make tires with oem stated in the title..i assume its same tread without the name..but nothing for the michelin..I havent had the chance to replace mine yet..but ive baught pirelli for my street bike prob thinking night dragons when the time comes for my fxdb

Old 03-10-2014, 12:27 PM
gadianton3
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by bobg03
Let's try this in the right forum...

I may be of a small majority here but I like the Michelin Scorchers that came on my Wide Glide.

Problem is they are only available from dealer and of course they are pricey.

They seem to be wearing well at almost 7K but will surely need replacement this year. I like the way they ride and they seem to really stick to the road.

I'm curious what others have done and if they are happy with whatever purchase they made.

Thx...
I had scorchers on my street bob as the oem tires. They were good, don't really have too many complaints. When it came time to get new ones at around 10k miles I bought the Michelin Commander 2's. In my opinion they are a superior tire in all areas. I now have 8k miles on them and the back tire shows little wear. It is unbelievable! They say they are a 25k mile tire. I'm starting to believe that it is true. Anyway, you might have a look at them. Jakewilson.com has had the best price I have found.

Old 03-10-2014, 12:28 PM
b2inUT
Road Warrior
Received 148 Likes on 90 Posts

I know a lot of dudes with Street Bobs are going to the Michelin Commander IIs... I did. Very please so far...

Old 03-10-2014, 12:38 PM
bobg03
Road Master

I looked at the Night Dragons good and bad was equal...in other words the there was no middle ground people either liked em or hated them...makes me nervous.

I've had tires that didn't ride well before...in todays economy that is unacceptable to me..they gotta be right.

I looked at other Michelins but wouldn't you know the Rear in the Wide Glide size isn't available, only the front.

With all the 10 and up Wide Glides on here I figured someone would've come across a great alternative by now. They put a Mongrel size on the wide glide..Imagine that.

Old 03-19-2014, 08:45 AM
bobg03
Road Master

So with all the newer Wide Glides on this forum, nobody has come up with a great idea what a Michelin Scorcher or better tire in this mongral size 180/60 B17 tire can be replaced with?

Old 03-20-2014, 05:59 PM
missedem
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 34 Likes on 29 Posts

+1 on commander II's . Scorchers are good but wear too fast. Commander II much better tire .

Old 03-20-2014, 06:29 PM
Kevin714
Stellar HDF Member
Received 1,801 Likes on 758 Posts

Originally Posted by JonnyLew
i was looking lastnight dunlop and bridgestone make tires with oem stated in the title..i assume its same tread without the name..but nothing for the michelin..I havent had the chance to replace mine yet..but ive baught pirelli for my street bike prob thinking night dragons when the time comes for my fxdb

I read that the Night Dragons run a little narrower than some brands. I'm running a 180/55/18 on my bike and I have almost zero clearance between the tire and sides of my fender. A fraction more room would be nice.

Old 03-20-2014, 09:14 PM
KEYBEAR
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Got a price yesterday on Michelin Commander 2 . 160/70b-17 rear 90/90-21 front .
$321.84 plus 60 buck to put them on . Will be doing this next week .

Old 03-20-2014, 09:29 PM
WG10
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I put a rear tire on my 2010 WG last week. I wanted Commander II's everyone I know who has them says they are the best tire ever, but of course not for us. As others already said, they don't make a rear in our size. I just stayed with Pirelli Night Dragons, we ride the twisties pretty hard and I have no complaints at all.

Quick Reply: Scorchers on a WideGlide..