Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Powder quote question

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2014, 08:26 PM
Dyna_Bagger85
Road Master
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Powder quote question

I'm planning on getting all my turn signals and stand offs, triple trees powder coated black. He told me I need to have them dipped to remove all the chrome first. Just trying to find out if this is necessary or not.

Old 03-14-2014, 08:31 PM
ramhunter9
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Who is HE ?

Old 03-14-2014, 08:35 PM
Chasespeed
Tourer

Originally Posted by ramhunter9
Who is HE ?
He is Him. But certainly not Her or She.... Doesn't sound like a Them either. But in the end, it's Friday, and I think WE are in the need for some well deserved beer

Chase

Old 03-14-2014, 08:37 PM
ramhunter9
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by chasespeed
he is him. But certainly not her or she.... Doesn't sound like a them either. But in the end, it's friday, and i think we are in the need for some well deserved beer

Chase
agreed !!

Old 03-14-2014, 08:38 PM
07HDStreetBob
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Dyna_Bagger85
I'm planning on getting all my turn signals and stand offs, triple trees powder coated black. He told me I need to have them dipped to remove all the chrome first. Just trying to find out if this is necessary or not.
Not if the chrome is in good shape. Are your trees chromed? I did all my turns over the chrome myself in a toaster oven and they turned out awesome. I just cleaned them really good and scuffed them up a bit

Old 03-14-2014, 09:45 PM
Dyna_Bagger85
Road Master

Haha sorry, he is the powder coater here in town. Been a long day and having a crazy 2 year old daughter running around the house has made it even more crazy. The caps on my triple trees are chromed but the upper and lower aren't, way to go harley!

I made a dumb mistake and got the wrong turn signals (single filament instead of dual), so I have new ones on the way that are black nickle plated. So the only chrome pieces will be my front turn signals, my rear stand off's for the turn signal, and the caps on my triple trees.

Old 03-15-2014, 02:24 AM
monster715
Road Warrior
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Chasespeed
He is Him. But certainly not Her or She.... Doesn't sound like a Them either. But in the end, it's Friday, and I think WE are in the need for some well deserved beer

Chase
Agreed on the beer! And I've had many parts powdered over the Harley chrome if it's in good shape. Maybe check another powder coater. Check out powder pro hell give you honest advice.

Old 03-15-2014, 08:22 AM
Chasespeed
Tourer

Originally Posted by monster715
Agreed on the beer! And I've had many parts powdered over the Harley chrome if it's in good shape. Maybe check another powder coater. Check out powder pro hell give you honest advice.
Yeah.... I was more than a few black & tans in, and playing with words..... Wasn't sure on the capitalization.

Chase

Old 03-15-2014, 08:48 AM
STREET BOB JOE
Cruiser

Best person to ask would be Joe with Powder Pro. JRK5892 is his forum name. Everyone on here seems to use him and are happy with the results

Old 03-15-2014, 09:23 AM
JRK5892
Banned
Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

dipping chrome to have it removed is a very very $$$ process will prob double your powder coating prices alone. Typically powder is really well done from HD, a propper prep and blasting will give you a great surface to coat, yes sometimes the chrome is **** and will flake and tell our shop will handle this as well, and primers and feathering can come into play here to smooth things out. Our shop is more than happy to help you out with any of your coating needs. Things will be done right and look great!

Quick Reply: Powder quote question