Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fairing durability comparison?

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2014, 05:43 PM
outlaw16
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fairing durability comparison?

First I was wondering if anyone has done any type of comparison on the different brands of quarter fairings on the market today.

The reason I bring this up is that I've had the Rifle roadster fairing with bubble windshield on my FXD since mid-2010. Over the last few months I have noticed that both the windshield and fairing have become warped. I have remounted the fairing and windshield (and cracked the windshield somehow) but when I "straighten out" the fairing, the windshield becomes more warped and when I mount it so the windshield is symmetrical, the fairing is warped. Since I'm no mechanic, I'm pretty sure that I'm partially responsible for the warping, hence the lack of any mention of calling Rifle.

With that all being said, I'm probably going to order a new fairing. My new criteria will be style, functionality, price, and now ease of mounting since I never really felt comfortable with how the Rifle was mounted with the adjustable struts. Also there just seems to be lots more options now then there was back in 2010.

I used to have a memphis shades sport's windshield before I got my Rifle and so have the docking hardware for the Gauntlet. That would be the most economical. Otherwise, I can only tell style differences. Anyone got any strong feelings against the Gauntlet?

Thanks,
Ryan

Old 03-21-2014, 07:25 PM
Motoscott311
Novice

Check out http://conelysaccessoriesusa.com/

I have the Conely's ONE PIECE Retro T Sport Fairing Gloss Black w/12" Windscreen and LOVE IT!!!! Not to mention John Conely is a hell of a cool guy and makes a GREAT product! On a side note I was messing around last week and tried to cut across a grass area and laid my bike down on its left side and it slid in the mud for 6 or so feet on the fairing and left bag and didn't even faze the fairing. I'm sure had I went down on the road it would have ground into the fiberglass but the thing didn't even move out of adjustment!

Here's a link to his eBay store too which is how I bought mine off him!
http://www.ebay.com/sch/caccusa/m.ht...p2047675.l2562

Last edited by Motoscott311; 03-21-2014 at 07:29 PM.
Old 03-22-2014, 09:17 AM
outlaw16
Cruiser

Motoscott, thanks for the advice. I had not factored in Conley's mainly just from the some of the customer service issues I have heard about. But will consider it.

Old 03-22-2014, 09:24 AM
Suede Blue Man
HDF Community Team

Received 737 Likes on 506 Posts

The stock headlight lens on my new HD Q-fairing was totally ill-fitting out of the package.
I have ordered a new one from Cee Baileys due in next week and they claim a superb fit. I hope so.
The fairing I have so far found to be excellent, no complaints for it.

Old 03-22-2014, 12:32 PM
Motoscott311
Novice

Originally Posted by outlaw16
Motoscott, thanks for the advice. I had not factored in Conley's mainly just from the some of the customer service issues I have heard about. But will consider it.
I hear ya....I haven't had the pleasure of talking to their customer service department! Although I tend to dislike most customer service departments that I've had the pleasure of calling! LOL!!!!

Sturgis 2013 I walked by a nice looking dyna parked outside a gas station and told the guy standing next to it that I liked his bike! When I came out of the gas station he struck up a conversation with me about the JT Racing hat I was wearing! We talked for a few minutes and then my buddy Vin1800 walked up and said "You're John Conley aren't you"! He talked to us for at least the next 30 minutes before he had to get to a vendor booth! I just thought he was a cool down to earth guy and I like the stuff he makes! So a few month later I bought my fairing from his eBay store that his wife runs!