Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New to the life...

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2014, 12:24 AM
VoiceofReason44
Road Master
Received 277 Likes on 142 Posts
Default New to the life...

Hello! After years(15+) of riding sportbikes, I made the move over to a Harley. It is a move that I will never regret. I purchased a 2014 Streetbob and it has been nothing but fun. With that being said, I am now looking into making it "mine". I have already added 12" MX-T bars, but looking to add more. Since I am new to thise side of the tracks, what advice do you current experts have in regards to choosing an exhaust/intake system?
Here is a few photos of my new ride.
New to the life...-my-fxdb.jpg

New to the life...-my-fxdb2.jpg

New to the life...-my-fxdb3.jpg

New to the life...-my-fxdb4.jpg

Old 03-24-2014, 02:08 AM
srt8
Road Captain
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Welcome aboard from Texas

Old 03-24-2014, 05:49 AM
JayOhh
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Welcome, and Nice bike

First things on the list would be to remove those reflectors and relocate the turnsignals...

Old 03-24-2014, 06:22 AM
ramhunter9
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Chop it ...

Old 03-24-2014, 06:45 AM
kmontague
Tourer
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

welcome. street bob is a great platform for whatever you may do. heres a couple of pics of my old street bob with a d&d fatcat. love that pipe i currently have a chrome one on my fatbob in my sig pic

Attached Thumbnails New to the life...-bike-035.jpg   New to the life...-img00329-20100924-1903.jpg  
Old 03-24-2014, 06:51 AM
sonnydaze
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

id run a 2 into1 , I like the way they sound and that they make power not lose it like drags

Old 03-24-2014, 06:59 AM
maddghost
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Sweet a vivid black SB nice bike to work with! Air boxes almost all so the same thing and there are a thousand to look at, can't help you with that. Exhausts well another thousand but the top ar thunderheader, D&D fatcat, Samson, Supertrapp, I suggest you go to youtube and have a listen to the one you prefer.

I can tell you that most pipes will hava a raspy decel but the thunderheader does not, I just can't have one (and I really wish I could) but I live in Quebec and it would be an instant noise violation magnet!

Old 03-24-2014, 07:26 AM
c-note
Road Master
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by maddghost
Sweet a vivid black SB nice bike to work with! Air boxes almost all so the same thing and there are a thousand to look at, can't help you with that. Exhausts well another thousand but the top ar thunderheader, D&D fatcat, Samson, Supertrapp, I suggest you go to youtube and have a listen to the one you prefer.

I can tell you that most pipes will hava a raspy decel but the thunderheader does not, I just can't have one (and I really wish I could) but I live in Quebec and it would be an instant noise violation magnet!
Boom! He just said it. First cash should be towards a quality tuner you can use to adjust the bikes ecu to each modification you make along the way. Forum says tts or Powervision. I bought the PV. Like he said pick the air cleaner you like best and get a 2 into 1 pipe if you are serious about making more power. Get some Vance and Hines short shots if you are serious about making noise.

Once you are done all that, come back to the forum to decide what sort of engine work you'll do in what stages, cams, big bore, heads, etc...

Welcome to the poor life.

Old 03-24-2014, 07:30 AM
Jeff's 1st Harley
Road Master
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Welcome, nice scoot.

Old 03-24-2014, 07:32 AM
deano360
Road Warrior
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

welcome

Quick Reply: New to the life...