Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2014 FXDB front turn signals

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2014, 06:26 PM
Tau511
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2014 FXDB front turn signals

So I went in to order black turn signals for the front of my 2014 street bob and I was told that they cannot be switched out. Something about the way they are wired. Anyone run into this same problem? Is my only option to paint them black?

Old 03-30-2014, 07:40 PM
128auto
Extreme HDF Member
Received 29 Likes on 26 Posts

They can be removed but you have to cut the wires, do a search in the forum, tons of info.

Old 03-30-2014, 09:15 PM
SLV
Elite HDF Member
Received 44 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by Tau511
So I went in to order black turn signals for the front of my 2014 street bob and I was told that they cannot be switched out. Something about the way they are wired. Anyone run into this same problem? Is my only option to paint them black?
Tau511,
Yes and no on the only option.
As 128Auto said, you can cut the wires and remove your TS from the bars. The good news is that you have other options.
1. You could mask around everything and spray them with paint or truck bed liner. The truck bed liner looks similar to wrinkle black and is very durable. Practice first though. The stuff comes out at a high pressure and will run if you don't go very slow, keep a good distance and apply thin coats. It's about $8 per can at Lowes/Home Depot.
2. You could cut the wires, remove the TS, have them powder coated, painted, whatever, then splice them back in.
3. This is the easiest option. The wiring in your frame, accessible from the holes just in front of the fuel tank, have an extra TS female plug for each side. You could cut the wires on the bar mounted TS, then remount them on your triple-clamp pinch-bolts. HD, Arlen Ness and others sell a low priced kit to install them. This option lets you use aftermarket TS instead of the stockers if you go this route.

BTW. If you cut the wires for the TS and don't re-use the wires, just wrap them in heat shrinkable tubing to keep them sealed off.

Good luck.

Old 07-26-2014, 10:57 AM
Dick Gritty
6th Gear
Default turn signal removal

so if i cut the wires to the TS and then tape them off i should have no issues? blowing a fuse or anything? because i cut them shrink wrapped them and taped them up now im blowing the lile 15 amp fuse on the left of the fuse box. hhmmmmmmmm

Old 07-26-2014, 11:53 AM
CACruiserHD
Cruiser

I installed the LED fork wrap signals on my 2014. I took apart the turn signal unit (2 screws) and cut the wires and tossed the stock ones in the trash. Soldered the new wires and ran them inside the handle bar to the new signals. It was actually pretty easy and I didn't mess with any wires under the tank.

Old 07-27-2014, 10:16 PM
Mental98
6th Gear

I did the same .. installed joker machine led clamps .. cut at the TS on the bar. Opened up both housing's and soldered the new wires to the existing ones then just run the back threw the bars down to the forks!! Although i was told the wiring harness has changed and i would not need load equalisers .. my dash turn lights flash faster now but my front and rear TS's flash normal rate .. which i can live with.

Old 08-13-2014, 02:56 PM
Franz_72
Advanced
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by CACruiserHD
I installed the LED fork wrap signals on my 2014. I took apart the turn signal unit (2 screws) and cut the wires and tossed the stock ones in the trash. Soldered the new wires and ran them inside the handle bar to the new signals. It was actually pretty easy and I didn't mess with any wires under the tank.
Hi CruiserHD,

I bring up this thread because I would like to know how to disassemble the stock turn signal of my 2010 Wide Glide.
I disconnected the black connector located underneath the rear fender but now i see no screws to open it, this to reach the wires inside.

Old 08-13-2014, 07:08 PM
robbyville
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 141 Likes on 114 Posts

I'm not sure if this is totally on the up and up but I was looking at JP the other day and they were selling kuryaken led lenses that were plug and play to stock turn signals and said that it fit perfectly into 2014 fxdb just unplug the incandescent bulb and replace with theirs the wiring and crossover was built right in. They had black smoked that illuminate red cost was 126 per pair

Old 08-27-2014, 07:26 AM
zZeduardoZz
Cruiser

Just saw this thread, do you guys have pictures of the new set up you guys put?! and what does TS mean?

Old 08-27-2014, 07:37 AM
Hookem2255
Intermediate

Turn Signal.....

Quick Reply: 2014 FXDB front turn signals