Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Saddlebag Question for Dyna

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2014, 07:32 AM
capitan1962
Tourer
Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Default Saddlebag Question for Dyna

I am planning a long trip in June and need some extra space (Bike is 2013 Super Glide). I don't want to relocate the turn signals and want to put on a set of saddlebags. Also not interested in spending a lot of money on them because they will rarely be used. When I get back they come off and go in the shop. The plan I have is to buy the Jafrum Saddlebag http://www.jafrum.com/Motorcycle-Lug...gs/SD2025Studs

and a set of the cheap brackets off of Ebay. Right now I am away from home and cannot go to my bike to measure and see if this will work. Finding the specs online of distance between shocks and turn signals has not been successful either. Has anybody here used this combination before and if not anything comparable in size? Thanks for any help.

Old 04-02-2014, 12:32 PM
blueangel73
Elite HDF Member
Received 147 Likes on 122 Posts

Originally Posted by capitan1962
they will rarely be used.
Keep telling yourself that!

When I get home tonight I will try and get the info you need. I am currently doing some mod work to my bike and it is all accessible.

Sorry, I forgot, I don't have rear turn sigs anymore, but I can give you measurement from the shock to the rear bolt if you want.

Last edited by blueangel73; 04-02-2014 at 12:35 PM.
Old 04-02-2014, 12:49 PM
slozomby
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

the harley supports dont require moving the turn signals. they should work with most any throwover bags.

http://www.harley-davidson.com/en_US...ts/-J04962.pdf

Old 04-02-2014, 12:57 PM
BigDogIdaho
Grand HDF Member
Received 187 Likes on 145 Posts

Originally Posted by capitan1962
I am planning a long trip in June and need some extra space (Bike is 2013 Super Glide). I don't want to relocate the turn signals and want to put on a set of saddlebags. Also not interested in spending a lot of money on them because they will rarely be used.

I picked up a cheap set of leather throw over bags from EBay for the same reason. I haven't got the chance to really test them out yet. I wanted a little extra storage space but didn't really want to make any mods for it. I already have a bag that goes on my back rest that I have used with success for 1 week trips.
The ones I got measure 15 1/4" x 10" x 6 1/4". They fit very snugly in between the shocks and turn signals.

Old 04-02-2014, 01:19 PM
SLV
Elite HDF Member
Received 44 Likes on 40 Posts

The Viking supports bolt only to the front strut bolts and won't affect the TS. Their about $30.

Old 04-02-2014, 01:37 PM
BigDogIdaho
Grand HDF Member
Received 187 Likes on 145 Posts

Originally Posted by SLV
The Viking supports bolt only to the front strut bolts and won't affect the TS. Their about $30.
Do you have a part # for them? The ones I see have 2 mounting points, if those are the ones where does the other one mount?

I may have found them, are you talking about the "Single Point Mounting Bracket"?

Last edited by BigDogIdaho; 04-02-2014 at 01:39 PM.
Old 04-02-2014, 02:52 PM
capitan1962
Tourer

Originally Posted by blueangel73
Keep telling yourself that!

When I get home tonight I will try and get the info you need. I am currently doing some mod work to my bike and it is all accessible.

Sorry, I forgot, I don't have rear turn sigs anymore, but I can give you measurement from the shock to the rear bolt if you want.
Thanks for the info and will be interested in the distance between the shocks and the turn signals. I have a Saddleman sissybar bag that I always ride with and I can pack for 3 days or so in just it but want to take rain gear, bike cover, a little more tools than normal, extra clothes as well as a small laptop for this trip and no way will it all fit in the sissybar bag. Since I am not at home I am asking for help here. Again thanks

Old 04-02-2014, 04:56 PM
fullswedge
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Google Dons cycle ware. I got a pair of throw over bags, not bad for the price.

Old 04-02-2014, 05:34 PM
capitan1962
Tourer

Originally Posted by fullswedge
Google Dons cycle ware. I got a pair of throw over bags, not bad for the price.
I did they have nice looking stuff. Which set did you get?

Old 04-02-2014, 06:34 PM
SLV
Elite HDF Member
Received 44 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by BigDogIdaho
Do you have a part # for them? The ones I see have 2 mounting points, if those are the ones where does the other one mount?

I may have found them, are you talking about the "Single Point Mounting Bracket"?

Yeah, these http://www.vikingbags.com/single-poi...saddlebags.htm

Quick Reply: Saddlebag Question for Dyna