Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Thundermax Pigtail Harness USB Adapter

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2014, 02:46 PM
Springerf8
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thundermax Pigtail Harness USB Adapter

Hi guys,

Hoping someone on here can shed some light on this issue. I am working my stage 1 upgrade to my 2011 Street Bob. Screamin Eagle Round intake, and Short Shots. I was going to go with the PCV but after inspecting my bike I found out it had a Thundermax already installed.

So my issue now is updating the Thundermax map for my new combo. I have no way of knowing what was on the bike before. The dealer I bought it from told me it was completely stock as far as they knew.

Someone installed the "Pigtail" harness to the Thundermax for easy access for updating however I cannot find an adapter to USB anywhere with that type of plug? Below is a link to the Thundermax Tuner I have and a picture of the connect. Appreciate the help.

http://www.thunder-max.com/Products/...ms309-485.aspx

Thanks.

Old 04-11-2014, 02:52 PM
iDodgimus
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

as far as I know the cable you need for that goes to the serial port so you'll probably want a serial-usb adapter also…

both available here:
http://www.zippersperformance.com/pr...mm-cables.html

Old 04-11-2014, 03:15 PM
Springerf8
6th Gear

Thanks for the quick reply. I don't have that serial port on my laptop. Might be able to use my buddies.

Do you know if I can use the micro usb to usb wire even if the pig tail harness was already installed? I know I have one of those lying around the house. I would have to order the other part.

Thanks.

Old 04-11-2014, 03:22 PM
iDodgimus
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

No idea, but it looks like you can buy a serial-USB adapter on that page I linked... The whole shebag is about $60 (cable +adapter)

Old 04-11-2014, 03:25 PM
Springerf8
6th Gear

Yep. I am going to try it with the cord I have this weekend and then if not order up the new cords. Thanks for the help!

Old 04-11-2014, 03:28 PM
128auto
Extreme HDF Member
Received 29 Likes on 26 Posts

The end you are holding plug into the Tmax, I have the serial-usb cable if you want, pm me ok. I have sold mine last year and got PV. email livetoridevan at hotmail dot com
I will sell it cheap!

Originally Posted by Springerf8
Hi guys,

Hoping someone on here can shed some light on this issue. I am working my stage 1 upgrade to my 2011 Street Bob. Screamin Eagle Round intake, and Short Shots. I was going to go with the PCV but after inspecting my bike I found out it had a Thundermax already installed. I will sell it cheap! email: livetoridevan at hotmail dot com

So my issue now is updating the Thundermax map for my new combo. I have no way of knowing what was on the bike before. The dealer I bought it from told me it was completely stock as far as they knew.

Someone installed the "Pigtail" harness to the Thundermax for easy access for updating however I cannot find an adapter to USB anywhere with that type of plug? Below is a link to the Thundermax Tuner I have and a picture of the connect. Appreciate the help.

http://www.thunder-max.com/Products/...ms309-485.aspx

Thanks.

Old 04-11-2014, 06:00 PM
Reindeer
Supporter
Received 728 Likes on 404 Posts

I think I bought an adaptor at Radio Shack.