Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

'14 Low Rider fueling

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2014, 03:32 PM
modular
Stellar HDF Member

Received 285 Likes on 184 Posts
Default '14 Low Rider fueling

I am taking delivery of a '14 Low Rider tomorrow. I have read all the actual reviews of the bike and the consensus is that HD got the fueling down well on these bikes. For the few that have them, do you feel they need any fueling enhancements, i.e XiED's? Bike will be delivered with the Screamin' Chicken Nightstick slip-on installed but no A/C. I may not even bother with the A/C. Kinda over the zooming around stuff.

I have done the whole Power Commander/dyno tuning on the last few bikes, including the '12 XL1200C that was just sold off, and I am not going that route anymore.

Old 04-11-2014, 03:41 PM
rooti
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Your asking advise when you already made up your mind?
You'll be fine running it the way it's delivered, no worries

Old 04-11-2014, 03:44 PM
modular
Stellar HDF Member

No,no. I just have ruled out going all Power Commander/dyno tuning. I have used XiED's in the past and liked the results they offer for the price.

From what I have read here the '14 A/C's are better flowing now and replacing it won't gain much. Just not sure if the Nightstick will lean it out to the point of causing popping and/or running hotter and the XiED's will smooth things out and cool it down. I was just not sure if Harley has changed ECM tuning on the '14's.

Old 04-11-2014, 03:48 PM
rooti
Ultimate HDF Member

It still has to meet EPA requirements which means lean. The ECM will adjust to the nightsticks on its own. It should run fine, just not as awesome as it could be.

Everybodies different, I couldn't stand the way my bike ran when it was stock.

Last edited by rooti; 04-11-2014 at 03:50 PM.
Old 04-11-2014, 03:52 PM
modular
Stellar HDF Member

So, the XiED's are still a useful tool for cooling the bike down, throttle response and the like. Looks like I'll pick a pair up. Thanks for affirming my concerns.

Old 04-11-2014, 03:58 PM
rooti
Ultimate HDF Member

Did I say that?
The XEID's will be better then nothing....

Old 04-11-2014, 04:04 PM
modular
Stellar HDF Member

Those are the attributes that iED's are known for and of course you did not say that but when you stated that the ECM can adjust for the slip-on, the stock headpipes/converter and OEM A/C in place the iED's will be enough to smooth things out if there should be any issues.

Old 04-11-2014, 10:09 PM
slozomby
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by rooti
It still has to meet EPA requirements which means lean. The ECM will adjust to the nightsticks on its own. It should run fine, just not as awesome as it could be.
pretty much. xieds will help some.
i've been really happy with the autotune from the powervision. fixed my decel popping and the low rpm lagg i was getting.

Old 04-13-2014, 09:30 AM
Dobietrainer
Advanced
Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Mod, saw your pic of the new bike in another thread. Congrats. How do you like it with the Nightstick? How"s it sound? Have you or are you going to install XIED? I've got the same bike but silver and black. Totally stock. Originally thought needed to do something with the exhaust but after 600 miles seems to be coming around. I do not care for loud pipes, prefer to fly under the radar, but wouldn't mind something a little more robust sounding. I do not plan to change the a/c and reprogram. I just want to ride. I'm to old and lazy to get into serious mods.

Old 04-13-2014, 11:25 AM
modular
Stellar HDF Member

Right there with you in the mod category Dobie. I just want to enjoy the ride.

The dealer had to order the Nightstick-7 to 10 days. From what the riders of Switchbacks that have or did have it say it's going to be just what you and I are looking for. A bit lower tone and a bit more sound. Since it is a factory part (made by Supertrapp) it still has to meet EPA noise regulations. With the OEM headpipes and converter staying in place the ECM should have the room to compensate for the slip-on. With the bike stock I find no faults with the way it runs now. I, too, will not be changing the a/c as it seems the '14 boxes flow more than the older ones.

Quick Reply: '14 Low Rider fueling