Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dyna batwing

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2014, 01:43 PM
Tolandnator
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dyna batwing

hello, i am new and anyhelp would be awesome. what i am doing is trying to put a batwing on my 04 dyna superglide. what are some of the better ones out there that can come loaded with a radio and speakers but also is quick disconnect. something important to me is the ease of dealing with the company should there be a warranty or fitment issue. i have looked at reckless and i like the pricing, also have looked at tsukayu and i like theirs. i am not a fan of memphis they are a little over priced imo

Old 04-14-2014, 02:22 PM
JRK5892
Banned
Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

hey bud i did a full write up on the mounts, stereo, and all the fab work it took to pull this off. there are a ton of pics and full how to on here

Old 04-14-2014, 03:14 PM
JMC22
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 328 Likes on 243 Posts

Originally Posted by JRK5892
hey bud i did a full write up on the mounts, stereo, and all the fab work it took to pull this off. there are a ton of pics and full how to on here
Joe:

He's brand new and might need a little more direction on where to find that info

Old 04-14-2014, 03:37 PM
JRK5892
Banned
Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

of course ill pull that up when i am by a PC... another option would be the Dev fabrications fairing, looks much better on a dyna and you can get it all plug and play. fix mount fairing you will not have to worry about all the wind buffering that a fork mount fairing can cause

Old 04-14-2014, 04:51 PM
Tolandnator
4th Gear

is there a link to check out your write up? i dont like the looks of the dec fabrication i like the "street glide" kind of look

Old 04-14-2014, 05:06 PM
SwarleyManson62
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

hey man welcome to the forum

Before i pulled the trigger i did a ton of research… which was a waste of time because i went against everything i read. I got the tsukayu fairing… after reading tons of nightmares dealing with the company and other such issues i still ordered it anyway I probably should have just ordered the damn thing rather than 2 months of researching.

After all the problems i read about i'm not gonna bs ya… i actually had a great experience. I never had a problem contacting anyone, the fairing was at my door after 7 weeks (they say 6-8). The fairing was well packed, well put together and was super easy to install and quickly remove.

Heres the bad… order it without a stereo and speakers… i know you said you want it to come with it… but the stereo sucks and the speakers sound like 2 cans on a string at highway speeds. After 3 days i pulled the stereo and speakers, ordered polk marine 6 1/2's, and thru in a better marine deck. Could have saved myself 150 bucks if i did that from the start.

but like i said all in all a great experience and i love my street bagger

i'll post some pics later when i remember

Old 04-14-2014, 06:04 PM
WideGlideFever
Road Master
Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Dead Center Cycles is making batwing fairings for dynas now and I think they look awesome. Not sure if they make it for your year, but its worth checking them out.

Old 04-14-2014, 08:26 PM
HD Jake
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I have a reckless faring on my Switchback and love it... Quality Is great

Old 04-14-2014, 10:50 PM
Tolandnator
4th Gear

Thanks for the input guys, also I just ran into a lead on a set of harley bags the hard covered leather ones, I was told they are roughly a year old with a receipt to prove date of purchase but anyways the part number is 91615-09A any luck on these? The guy is asking $475 should I get them if they seem to be in good shape? I don't want junk!

Old 04-15-2014, 12:16 PM
Ndfastln
Road Master
Received 157 Likes on 133 Posts

I have painted and installed both the Reckless fairing and the Tsukayu fairings, and The Tsukayu fairing was better quality and fit well. Also, when you buy the complete kit it has everything including the fork mounts, which Reckless does not. I haven't needed to deal with Tsukayu customer service, but Reckless was unwilling to make any substitutions on parts or let me purchase accesories to the plain fairing without buying a complete fairing. I also painted and installed a fairing for a metric bike from a company in Texas, Im not sure of the name as I didn't buy it but it was not very good quality either(thin and didn't fit together well).

Quick Reply: Dyna batwing