Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I dropped it today

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2014, 07:17 AM
Jeff's 1st Harley
Road Master
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I agree with the other guys, take it to a HD and have them check it out. And thank you for your service fellow vet.

Old 04-17-2014, 09:16 AM
monster715
Road Warrior
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

That sucks! Take it to a dealer to get an estimate.

Old 04-17-2014, 09:20 AM
DYNARYDER87
Tourer
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

That sucks man, but at least your alright

Old 04-17-2014, 09:21 AM
hvacgaspiping
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 16,249 Likes on 8,383 Posts

Originally Posted by Chase1961
Sorry about your scoot, but glad you're ok. I say take it to Harley shop and let them give you an estimate.
, you always want the highest estimate you can get.

Old 04-17-2014, 09:53 AM
maddghost
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

first off thankyou for doing your part in assuring us a sound future in north america.

I was cut off by a middle eastern female taxi driver in the rain last july who proceeded to slam on the brakes when the traffic light just 20 feet ahead of her turned yellow. Bump I was on the median i was going to cross over but didn't want to chance a head on collision tried to squeeze between her and the light post. Clang foot peg mount and left knee caught the post ( man those things are hard as steel!)down goes the bike I come out ahead of her rolling on the ground and I stand up. she gets out of the car and looks like i have an arm growing out my left ear! exclaimng but sir what are you doing here then she sees the bike and her mouth drops so i ask why did you brake so suddenly immediately after cutting in front of me in the rain? "the light was yellow i must stop"!!! So some good ole boys help me pick up the bike she hops in the car and al i hear is vrooom and she is gone. I reported it to the officer he said here in QC you (meaning yours truly) are responsible. I called the insurance and they told me yes but sir this accident is considered as being "you the driver lost control of the vehicle"

frustrating I know! I wanted to strangle somebody at this point but couldn't find a target!

Well i am happy to see you aren't too messed up and want to offer you an almost brand new vivid black fatbob gas tank. if your interested pm me and we will talk.

Old 04-17-2014, 01:30 PM
Bernie-rocker-c
Stage III
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That sucks! My hart goes to you! Glad to see you are OK and you are with us to ride another day!

Old 04-17-2014, 01:45 PM
ShiftyCapone
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I would also go to your local HD dealer with it. It's a brand new bike and her insurance is going to pay for it...

Old 04-17-2014, 01:47 PM
Woodys03
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thank you all and I'll get back with you as soon as I find out something. I don't want to take anything from anyone yet because I feel like a leech for doing that. I am really take back by you guys offering. Thank you all so much.

Old 04-17-2014, 01:47 PM
Architect
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,934 Likes on 2,569 Posts

+2 on the dealership for the estimate. They will give you the most thorough evaluation with prices that the insurance company really can not argue with. After you get a check, your call who is to do the work. For me, I would maximize the return and then do all the work myself.

Old 04-17-2014, 02:08 PM
Hippie49
Elite HDF Member
Received 228 Likes on 146 Posts

Some really stand up dudes on here to be offering you parts for free. Don't find that too often. But you really need to get into the pockets of her insurance company as deep as you can. Don't settle for jack **** unless you are 100% satisfied. Once again (for what it's worth) I commend these guys for their offers.

Quick Reply: I dropped it today