Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I dropped it today

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2014, 06:59 AM
mibeaulieu
Tourer
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

And don't forget about pain and suffering. That's worth a few bucks. This could have easily ended up in and ambulance ride.. or worse.

Old 04-20-2014, 07:09 AM
coot58
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Prodriverdon
I have a set of new take off mirrors that I posted for sale but I will give them to you for free if you pay for the shipping plus insurance. P/M me if you want them.... Glad you are ok.
thats freakin awesome..kudo's..and to the op..thank you for your service

Old 04-20-2014, 07:23 AM
petefwa
Road Captain
Received 34 Likes on 27 Posts

Last edited by petefwa; 04-20-2014 at 07:34 AM.
Old 04-20-2014, 11:18 AM
skinman13
Outstanding HDF Member

Received 234 Likes on 169 Posts

Going down sucks...glad you are ok and your ride is repairable.

I laid it down on a fresh wet road last Labor Day weekend when some cager jumped in front of me coming up to a red light...lesson learned, panic stop or not, keep off that damn rear brake on wet roads!

The bike went down in classic fashion and slid down the road and flipped over before stopping in the center turn lane. Because I have a crash bar and moved the rear turn signals to the rear of the fender, the heavier damage was limited to bashing both rear turn signal housings and lenses and heavy road rash on the bottom of the crash bar and a deep scrape on the very bottom of the derby cover. There is some minor rash on the left mirror and left highway peg and slight rash on the right side from when it flipped.

I was sore and had a little rash on my left elbow and added some character to a brand new pair of Levis and riding gloves.

Some folks may say that they do not like the look of the crash bar but I will counter with, "to hell with looks"...there is no doubt in my mind that that a $300 crash bar saved not only heavier damage to the handle bars, tank, and left side of the engine but it also allowed me to get out from under 650 pounds of hot sliding motorcycle without anything more than a couple of little boo-boos. And, unless you are looking way down low and under it, you cannot even see the rash on the engine guard and derby cover.

Last edited by skinman13; 04-20-2014 at 11:23 AM.
Old 04-20-2014, 11:31 AM
"Dutch"
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Woody,

Sorry to hear what happened, but good to hear you are okay. Sucks that new low rider is now dented and scratched.....it appears that most of the damage is replaceable parts. The tank being the most expensive replacement...

I have a stock derby cover somewhere. It is not a "103" cover, but a plain jane, stock cover...I was thinking of having it engraved....but, if you want it, I'll find it....

Old 04-20-2014, 11:36 AM
Woodys03
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for the offer and the advice guys. I have mirrors and a derby cover on the way thanks to the guys here. I really appreciate it.

Old 04-20-2014, 12:10 PM
Frank Castle
Road Warrior
Received 74 Likes on 47 Posts

Brand new machine... GRRRRRR !!!! ....

I like the advice the fellas have given you... HD estimate.. pain and suffering.. etc.. but especially glad that your ok..

We've had 2 guys that ride local where Im at get clipped lately.. one cat got side hit by a UTV while passing it and the moron turned into him.. the other had some old man in a van turn out in front of him..

If you do the work yourself you should save alot of $$$ and maybe have enough left over to do some custom work.

Old 04-20-2014, 12:38 PM
Frank Castle
Road Warrior
Received 74 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by maddghost
first off thankyou for doing your part in assuring us a sound future in north america.

I was cut off by a middle eastern female taxi driver in the rain last july who proceeded to slam on the brakes when the traffic light just 20 feet ahead of her turned yellow. Bump I was on the median i was going to cross over but didn't want to chance a head on collision tried to squeeze between her and the light post. Clang foot peg mount and left knee caught the post ( man those things are hard as steel!)down goes the bike I come out ahead of her rolling on the ground and I stand up. she gets out of the car and looks like i have an arm growing out my left ear! exclaimng but sir what are you doing here then she sees the bike and her mouth drops so i ask why did you brake so suddenly immediately after cutting in front of me in the rain? "the light was yellow i must stop"!!! So some good ole boys help me pick up the bike she hops in the car and al i hear is vrooom and she is gone. I reported it to the officer he said here in QC you (meaning yours truly) are responsible. I called the insurance and they told me yes but sir this accident is considered as being "you the driver lost control of the vehicle"

frustrating I know! I wanted to strangle somebody at this point but couldn't find a target!

Well i am happy to see you aren't too messed up and want to offer you an almost brand new vivid black fatbob gas tank. if your interested pm me and we will talk.
If I could've walked after that I would've drawn a case...

her teeth would've been like chicklets rolling into the nearest storm drain..

Old 04-20-2014, 04:48 PM
PRODUCTofNJ
Cruiser

Like others have said, glad you are okay. It may be a major inconvenience not being able to ride for a few weeks, but atleast you are lucky enough to even be able to ride again. Atleast you have some time off from your injury over seas to work on the bike! This could have been a lot worse. Try to look at the bright side, therea a possibility you can have the sickest lowrider out there if you use this money on some sick aftermarket parts!

Old 04-20-2014, 06:45 PM
Woodys03
Tourer

Product of NJ I 100% see it your way man. I'm not upset,
Instead I'm motivated to get some work done on the bike and enjoy doing the work myself.

Quick Reply: I dropped it today