Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need 2012 FXDB signal relo help

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2014, 07:02 PM
Suavecito73
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need 2012 FXDB signal relo help

I know HD sells a front turning signal relocation kit, and from what I hear it comes with detailed instructions- however I dislike how far out the lights would stick out. Does anyone know of any other complete kit with detailed instructions which doesn't stick out as much I can purchase? Did I mentioned I need detailed instructions? LOL

THANKS GUYS!

Old 04-28-2014, 07:07 PM
HD Pilot
Elite HDF Member
Received 55 Likes on 47 Posts

If you decide on something other than HD, you should still download the HD relocation instructions from the HD website - it will help you no matter what aftermarket signals you find. The instructions will have the individual part #s that you may have to purchase to install whatever you find.

Old 04-28-2014, 07:10 PM
JMC22
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 328 Likes on 243 Posts

I was planning to relocate mine as well, but I was going to price it out with the dealer as I'm not comfortable messing around with the electrical wiring.

Old 04-28-2014, 07:15 PM
Suede Blue Man
HDF Community Team

Received 737 Likes on 506 Posts

Originally Posted by JMC22
I was planning to relocate mine as well, but I was going to price it out with the dealer as I'm not comfortable messing around with the electrical wiring.
I have to admit, it really ain't all that bad. Famous last words as I screw mine up

I'm getting ready to finish mine off and those connectors (if you have them) in the frame make it a lot easier.

Old 04-28-2014, 07:19 PM
b2inUT
Road Warrior
Received 148 Likes on 90 Posts

This:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/181383485551

Plus:
http://www.harley-davidson.com/en_US/Media/downloads/Service/isheets/-J05467.pdf

= done.

Old 04-28-2014, 07:20 PM
HD Pilot
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by JMC22
The only difficult part for me was installing those little electrical pin connectors onto the signal wires, to do it right you need a special electrical crimper but I managed by carefully using needle nose pliers - no problems since installing about a year and a half ago...

You could hard wire them if that makes you more comfortable.

Old 04-28-2014, 07:25 PM
Suede Blue Man
HDF Community Team

Received 737 Likes on 506 Posts

Originally Posted by alansummrs
The only difficult part for me was installing those little electrical pin connectors onto the signal wires, to do it right you need a special electrical crimper but I managed by carefully using needle nose pliers - no problems since installing about a year and a half ago...

You could hard wire them if that makes you more comfortable.
I'd like to have one of those crimpers but here's what I did:

I installed the plate relocate kit while back and it came with the perfect colored wires which I didn't use for that application and so I just took them to the dealer and gave the mechanic $20 to crimp on the correct wire end connector things.

Took them home, installed zip-zang

Old 04-28-2014, 07:36 PM
128auto
Extreme HDF Member
Received 29 Likes on 26 Posts

Mine doesn't stick out like HD and others.

Old 04-28-2014, 07:53 PM
HD Pilot
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by Suede Blue Man
I'd like to have one of those crimpers but here's what I did:

I installed the plate relocate kit while back and it came with the perfect colored wires which I didn't use for that application and so I just took them to the dealer and gave the mechanic $20 to crimp on the correct wire end connector things.

Took them home, installed zip-zang
Man, I would have paid $20 the night I put those connectors on

Good move The closest HD dealer to me is about 50 minutes, so sometimes I make due.

Old 04-28-2014, 08:01 PM
Suavecito73
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'll be honest, sounds and reads complicated as all hell. I'm gonna call a local motorcycle shop and see of they are up for it. I've read dealer would charge an hour worth of work $80 or so...

I had a good experience with a local mechanic when trying to install passenger pegs in the '12 SB- manual calls for removal of belt and wheel. Paid the guy $15 to get in there and take hidden bolts off without dissembling half the darn bike.

Quick Reply: Need 2012 FXDB signal relo help