Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Thinking about trading or selling for a Wide Glide

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2014, 02:46 PM
hitman1267
Cruiser
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Thinking about trading or selling for a Wide Glide

I bought a Forty Eight back in July and I think I want to trade it in or sell it for a wide glide. It just seems like a smarter choice. The bigger tank and six speed transmission is very appealing. So what should I do sell or trade? How much could I get for it?

I installed the D&D Bobcat during the winter along with a heavy breather and other modifications.

Thanks for the help !

Old 04-29-2014, 03:09 PM
rjsimmons
Road Captain
Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts

What is your riding style? Do you like short, quick rides where you weave through traffic with the narrowest of gaps? If so, keep your Sporty. It's a nice looking scooter and looks like you take pride in it. Dynas are for a longer ride on curvy roads and envious looks by guys in cages whos OLs are yelling at the kids in the back seat.

Old 04-29-2014, 03:19 PM
JMC22
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 328 Likes on 243 Posts

Nice scoot you have there - as the other forum member just said - if you like longer rides on twisty roads - the Wide Glide (or Fat Bob) are both great choices - have you demo'd either one yet to see if it fits your riding style and what you are looking for?
You will always make more money selling it on the open market - dealers give you the luxury of paying off your current one if there is financing on it without the hassles of dealing with every Tom, Dick & Harry wanting to see your scoot and kick the tires.
Just make sure to take the PV with you if you do sell it....

Old 04-29-2014, 06:41 PM
jjtroutbum
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nada + or - whatever you think throw it on craigs competitively priced. See what happens its definitely the time to sell. Dealers know this also might offer somthing fair might not wont know unless you test the market water for yourself.

Old 04-29-2014, 06:58 PM
Jason Oates
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Well, I do love my Wide Glide and I'd definitely recommend one. The forward controls alone are a huge seller (for me) and I love the look of the rake. Definitely test drive the crap out of a few to make sure you like the overall style and ride. I like my '05, but would love the style and sixth gear of the newer models. Good luck!

Old 04-29-2014, 07:13 PM
hitman1267
Cruiser
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by rjsimmons
What is your riding style? Do you like short, quick rides where you weave through traffic with the narrowest of gaps? If so, keep your Sporty. It's a nice looking scooter and looks like you take pride in it. Dynas are for a longer ride on curvy roads and envious looks by guys in cages whos OLs are yelling at the kids in the back seat.
Thanks for the insight. I would enjoy to take long trips and the small tank on the Forty Eight gets me about 60 miles before I start sputtering. It was my first bike and I went with a 1200 because I thought it would be a good starter bike, and it was. I'll test drive on thursday and I'll see how I feel about it.

Old 04-29-2014, 08:43 PM
PistolPete83
Road Master
Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts

I totally disagree here...get what you like man...you dont need to enjoy long runs on curvy roads to get a certain type of scoot...if you enjoy it purely on looks and the bigger motor, great...your 48 does look good but IMO the Wide Glide looks Great...good luck

Old 04-29-2014, 10:33 PM
MacKo2000
Cruiser
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I say go for it. I have a 2011 wide Glide and love it. Perfect around town. Done curves, highway. The OZARK mountains in AR were amazing. Ill admit not as nimble as a 48, but I wouldn't trade it for nothing...

Attached Thumbnails Thinking about trading or selling for a Wide Glide-img_0887.jpg  

Last edited by MacKo2000; 04-29-2014 at 11:02 PM.
Old 04-29-2014, 10:34 PM
MacKo2000
Cruiser
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

My buddy had a 48, problem he always ran into was running out of gas.....other than that he loved it.

Old 04-29-2014, 10:51 PM
CBRTRX
Cruiser
Received 10 Likes on 3 Posts

I own a sporty custom and a street bob. I've ridden them all though and in my opinion the street bob is a great next step from a 48, just my opinion.

Quick Reply: Thinking about trading or selling for a Wide Glide