Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Viking bags and Easy Brackets

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2014, 12:26 AM
e3troy
Intermediate
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Viking bags and Easy Brackets

I added some saddlebags from Viking bags. The bags are great for the price, however, the mounting kit was not so useful. To make a long story short, using the provided mounting kit didn't provide enough clearance around the belt guard and the rear caliper. After figuring this out the hard way, I ordered easy brackets from great bike gear. Received them the next day and were installed an hour later. The bags stick out a little farther than I would like but now know that it's a necessary evil considering I have detachable side plate mounts. Overall, I'm impressed with both the bags and brackets. As an additional plug for great bike gear, I purchased the turn signal relocation kit in anticipation for installing th bags and it turned out great.

Edit: I have no idea why the pic is upside down.

Attached Thumbnails Viking bags and Easy Brackets-img_0001_2.jpg  

Last edited by e3troy; 05-01-2014 at 04:08 PM.
Old 04-30-2014, 12:39 AM
Sharpie
Road Warrior
Received 31 Likes on 28 Posts

I mounted a set if Viking Armour Shock cut bags to my FXDC using the supplied mounts with no problem. I also have the quick detach mounts for my luggage rack. The shock cuts mount pretty close for me. Four bolts and they come off.

Attached Thumbnails Viking bags and Easy Brackets-image.jpg  
Old 04-30-2014, 05:16 AM
Ben Marsh
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

huh oh. Those look exactly like the bags I bought. Viking Armor Shock Cut. I also ordered the Viking quick disconnect brackets after I made sure the bags sit where I wanted them on my Fat Bob. Now I'm worried that I should have gotten the Easy Brackets instead. I guess I'll find out this weekend as the brackets are on their way and should be delivered on Thursday.

With the easy brackets did you have to relocated the rear signals?

Old 04-30-2014, 09:28 AM
e3troy
Intermediate
Default Easy brackets

Yes, I did have to relocate the turn signals. I used the relocation kit from great bike gear. I didn't get the saddlebags with the shock cutouts. I thought I was based off of the picture on the website but these have a flat back. The mounting kit for the shock cutout style bags may be different knowing that the bags will be tucked in closer to the bike. The mounting kit included with my bags was clearly universal and was the "free" kit included with the bags not the separately sold quick detach brackets.

Old 04-30-2014, 09:56 AM
im
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 792 Likes on 603 Posts

Would it be possible to see a few more pictures angles of those bags maybe top down and rear forward.
Seems like the shock covered ones ride much closer to the frame but the price point on the others is very good.

Old 04-30-2014, 10:36 AM
Ben Marsh
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Feeling a bit better since my bags have the shock cutouts and I ordered the other quick detach brackets.

I'll post my results this weekend when I get them.

Old 04-30-2014, 09:21 PM
e3troy
Intermediate
Default Pics

Here is pic from the top. I can't post more than one pic at a time and they're upside down so bear with me until I figure this out. I have also added more pics to my garage.

Attached Thumbnails Viking bags and Easy Brackets-img_0003_2.jpg  

Last edited by e3troy; 05-01-2014 at 04:09 PM.
Old 05-01-2014, 07:02 AM
im
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 792 Likes on 603 Posts

Thank you for pictures

Old 05-01-2014, 09:20 AM
DesertDyna
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by e3troy
Here is pic from the top. I can't post more than one pic at a time and they're upside down so bear with me until I figure this out. I have also added more pics to my garage.
lol....turn your phone/camera the other direction, or edit & rotate the pic afterwards.

From your top down picture, it appears you are using the easy brackets with docking hardware for a quick release sissybar. Thats why they are sticking out so far... My easy brackets sit right next to the strut cover.

Last edited by DesertDyna; 05-01-2014 at 09:24 AM.
Old 05-01-2014, 11:08 AM
greatbikegear
Banned
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

We're so glad to see that you are loving your Great Bike Gear products. Ride safe!

Quick Reply: Viking bags and Easy Brackets