Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

lift blocks

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2014, 06:52 AM
hell hound
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 128 Likes on 106 Posts
Default lift blocks

anyone using rear shock lift blocks. I have seen then before, basically the exact oposite of lowering blocks, raises the back 1"

i have12.5" sport tuned ricors that i have been using for a few years now and they are good shock i was just curios about how the bike would feel and handle 1" higher in the back

those that have taller than stock shocks, how did it change how the bike handled. I understand that it would be beter in the twisties but unfortunatly most of my miles are blasting around straight highways. So how does it efect straight line 100 mph highway riding

just thinking of changing the bike up a bit. Have to do it eveyonce and a while to keep me from buyin a new one. right now i have mustange vintage seat with hd floorboards with 12.5 shocks. Thinking of going to a more straight/slim seat, back to mids and lifting the back 1"

Old 05-07-2014, 06:55 AM
mattVA
Stellar HDF Member
Received 92 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by hell hound
anyone using rear shock lift blocks. I have seen then before, basically the exact oposite of lowering blocks, raises the back 1"

i have12.5" sport tuned ricors that i have been using for a few years now and they are good shock i was just curios about how the bike would feel and handle 1" higher in the back

those that have taller than stock shocks, how did it change how the bike handled. I understand that it would be beter in the twisties but unfortunatly most of my miles are blasting around straight highways. So how does it efect straight line 100 mph highway riding

just thinking of changing the bike up a bit. Have to do it eveyonce and a while to keep me from buyin a new one. right now i have mustange vintage seat with hd floorboards with 12.5 shocks. Thinking of going to a more straight/slim seat, back to mids and lifting the back 1"
hell hound,

I have 13" Ricors on mine and I like the way it handles. I remember at first it was weird as the rear was lifted up more than I was used to. I can't comment on the use of those blocks. But have heard of the lowering blocks failing? Not sure I'd want another piece there. I understand the need to change the bike up to avoid a new one. .that's why I always seem to leave a project for another day.

I don't know that I've seen a whole picture of your bike. Just the guts from your transmission tear down. Wouldn't mind seeing a pic.

Old 05-07-2014, 07:01 PM
hell hound
Outstanding HDF Member

i will post a pic when i get a chance. still thinkin about the blocks, but leaning toward doing the seat and going back to mids and leavin it at that for now

actually i already bought the seat, it is RSD boss solo seat in black, very cool and made by Mustange so im sure its good qaulity. just got it and i have been overloaded with work so i havent even rode with it yet

Old 05-08-2014, 03:27 AM
modular
Stellar HDF Member

Received 285 Likes on 184 Posts

The only lifting blocks I have been able to find are the Dynamic Dyna Rear Shock Lift Kit. I am considering those myself to level the bike.

Old 05-08-2014, 07:05 AM
hell hound
Outstanding HDF Member

if you get them, let me know what you you think after you rode with them awhile