Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New here, new to HD, questions

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2014, 10:19 AM
CACruiserHD
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New here, new to HD, questions

So I've been riding my whole life, never a Harley. Finally decided to jump on board. At first I was thinking the Iron883 but went against that because I've read they lacked power and I may regret it.

I'm now eyeing the 2014 street bob and have a specific look I'm going for with it. Already sizing up parts, prices, etc and I haven't even bought a bike yet.

I'm wondering what dealers are willing to do these days to sell a bike. $1000 below MSRP? what about setup and those other fees they throw in. Any tips on buying new I'd really appreciate.

Is there much difference between a 2010, 2011 and 2014? if not, I may start looking at used.

Old 05-15-2014, 10:56 AM
ramhunter9
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by CACruiserHD
So I've been riding my whole life, never a Harley. Finally decided to jump on board. At first I was thinking the Iron883 but went against that because I've read they lacked power and I may regret it.

I'm now eyeing the 2014 street bob and have a specific look I'm going for with it. Already sizing up parts, prices, etc and I haven't even bought a bike yet.

I'm wondering what dealers are willing to do these days to sell a bike. $1000 below MSRP? what about setup and those other fees they throw in. Any tips on buying new I'd really appreciate.

Is there much difference between a 2010, 2011 and 2014? if not, I may start looking at used.

2014 you will get the 103 motor ... plenty of power.
You can also look at buying new ones already done up from a privet seller.

Hell I am thinking of selling mine with only 500 miles on it for another project. But again I am not going to sell it for stock price with all that is in it.

Old 05-15-2014, 11:04 AM
Reindeer
Supporter
Received 728 Likes on 404 Posts

Not much difference between '10-12 Street Bob, '13-'14 is a little different (more black on the fork from the factory, relocated ignition, no tail lamp on top of the rear fender, 103") but same basic bike.

Old 05-15-2014, 11:19 AM
CACruiserHD
Cruiser

Originally Posted by ramhunter9
2014 you will get the 103 motor ... plenty of power.
You can also look at buying new ones already done up from a privet seller.

Hell I am thinking of selling mine with only 500 miles on it for another project. But again I am not going to sell it for stock price with all that is in it.

Your bike is similar to what I'm aiming for. Maybe only 10-12" apes though and can't tell if you have the Denim color. Only 500 miles and wanting to sell, makes me wonder why you don't love the bike !
So let me know a price, you never know!

Like I told the dealer, if I don't get a great price new then I'll get used and pay cash.

Old 05-15-2014, 11:39 AM
ramhunter9
Road Warrior

Bike is silver and I love it like I love all my bikes. You can search around and see ... I build them and sell them and start over again and again ... its a hobby

Last edited by ramhunter9; 05-15-2014 at 11:41 AM.
Old 05-15-2014, 11:47 AM

with what i'm reading, it all depends on what you want to do. are you going to do a project bike so it can sit and you can tell stories to your friends and amaze them with all the tech jargin, or are you gonna actually ride it and make it a work horse. How deep do you want to go into your pockets. Try a place in NJ called cycle exchange, they have a ton of nearly new bikes for great prices.. bought my '08 superglide with 5650 miles on it for 8,000 out the door. everyone has their own reason for buying a bike, decide what yours is for you.

Old 05-15-2014, 12:05 PM
CACruiserHD
Cruiser

Originally Posted by IllusionBlue
with what i'm reading, it all depends on what you want to do. are you going to do a project bike so it can sit and you can tell stories to your friends and amaze them with all the tech jargin, or are you gonna actually ride it and make it a work horse. How deep do you want to go into your pockets. Try a place in NJ called cycle exchange, they have a ton of nearly new bikes for great prices.. bought my '08 superglide with 5650 miles on it for 8,000 out the door. everyone has their own reason for buying a bike, decide what yours is for you.
I'm a really busy person, will do just weekend rides on occasion. I like to tinker on things, don't care to talk tech jargin or impress, but don't need a work horse. Really i just like the opportunity to ride on a nice day to sort of unwind but won't get into $25k on a bike.

Had a $40k 1950 chevy show truck that sat in the garage because I was afraid to drive it anywhere (thinking someone would ding it or purposely scratch it) and I got no use out of it. I won't do that again and just want something to enjoy and not worry about , yet wrench on to make it my own.

Old 05-15-2014, 12:07 PM
CACruiserHD
Cruiser

Originally Posted by ramhunter9
Bike is silver and I love it like I love all my bikes. You can search around and see ... I build them and sell them and start over again and again ... its a hobby

Love your bike!!
So for those pipes you have, I've seen them on a few bikes and itlooks awesome, how loud are they on a scale of say 1 being stock, 10 being straight pipes (deafening) ??

I don't want crazy loud but really like those pipes.

Old 05-15-2014, 12:13 PM
TexasMotorcycleRider
Grand HDF Member
Received 666 Likes on 443 Posts

Mine was well under MSRP with no freight or assembly. I have seen a few threads on here about it and I guess it depends on the dealer as so how low they will go. Either that or the negotiating skills of the person buying. Drooling on the bike while talking to your salesman rarely helps...LOL.

Good luck! I am new to Harley as well, just got my 2014 Street Glide and am loving it.

Old 05-15-2014, 12:31 PM
ramhunter9
Road Warrior

Love your bike!!
So for those pipes you have, I've seen them on a few bikes and itlooks awesome, how loud are they on a scale of say 1 being stock, 10 being straight pipes (deafening) ??

I don't want crazy loud but really like those pipes.
Loud but in the deap way ... I have the Big City Thunder baffles in them.
And thanks for the compliment.

Quick Reply: New here, new to HD, questions