Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bike bogs intermittently at lower rpms when hot (off the line 1st/and or 2nd gear).

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2014, 01:32 AM
missedem
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 34 Likes on 29 Posts
Default Bike bogs intermittently at lower rpms when hot (off the line 1st/and or 2nd gear).

Usually takes about 15 miles of riding but I have been noticing more and more that when the bike is hot and I take off in first gear and give the bike throttle it just feels like its kind of starving for gas and kind of bogs down. Today it did it in first and second gear. Its not all the time just intermittently .

Thinking the wiring on my efi box got pinched under the seat and the wiring is malfunctioning or the box is just getting old and needs replaced. Other possible causes fuel filter, fuel pump, electrical (bad sensor of some kind??). I hate chasing electrical ghosts and don't want to spend all summer long chasing this problem.

Thinking of a dyno jet power vision and a dyno for a tune. But don't want to spend the money and find out its another issue.

Anybody have any ideas what it might be? Thanks for your time.

Old 05-26-2014, 03:03 AM
missedem
Outstanding HDF Member

Bump... anyone??

Old 05-26-2014, 10:11 AM
deuce_streetbob
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

not sure what tuner you are using, but i have power vision, and after my cam change and canned tune change, mine was doing that just a little. FM said to decrease the acceleration enrichment by about 10% in the RPM range, and that seemed to help. not sure if you have that flexibility or not, but you may be able to contact the maker? another thing to double check is that your battery cable connections are nice and tight with no corrosion. under heavy load it could be causing an issue if not tight and clean. i would also double check the electrical connections for the tuner as well. make sure its nice and tight, and no wires pinched. let us know what you find out. good luck!

Old 05-26-2014, 07:42 PM
missedem
Outstanding HDF Member

I checked the box wiring and its just spaghetti underneath the seat. Some of the wiring is really tight. Gonna check with the manufacturer of my efi box about how much a new wiring harness for it would be . If that does not fix the problem I am going to have my tank pressure checked to make sure no pin hole leaks or bad fuel pump. If I get a black and white cause of this that can be identified rather than just a random electrical gremlin Ill for sure post up about it. Thank you for your input.

Old 05-27-2014, 02:51 AM
Foxster
Road Warrior
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Before you throw money at it...Was it OK before and has this has just started happening? If so, then a tuner and such are just going to add to your problems at this stage.

Checked for thrown codes?

Replace the spark plugs with new stock plugs and check the leads are tightly fitted.

Disconnect the battery leads at the four ends, clean the terminals, apply a thin smear of Vaseline, reassemble.

Been in the wet much? Disconnect all the plug/sockets you can one at a time and look for corrosion, get some WD40 in each.

Had the 'bars off? Disassemble the switches again and look for pinched wires. WD40 here too.

Does it still run rough if you remove the gas cap?

If you have a tuner like a PC or FP then try removing it and seeing if the bike runs OK after.