Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

well guys made the 120 HP club

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2014, 07:55 PM
target64
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 45 Likes on 41 Posts
Default well guys made the 120 HP club

well got the ole scoot tuned up last weekend. the auto tune only had the tune close in the upper rpms. the bottom and mid range was too rich. and the timing as Dan stated was very conservative. after he got all the adjustments where he wanted it. he pulled a run. and stated the old thunderheader dip. at 2200-3200
I asked if he had any luck with bending the tabs on the baffle he said it works on some. so he bent all four tabs in to the outside case tight and said we will see if this makes any difference. did another pull the tq came up. he made some fuel changes and timing and it came up and moved forward to 3000-3300 and he went to those cells and made some more changes and did another run and the dip was gone. did 3 more runs in 4th gear with 123HP/119 TQ. Dan told me i could improve those numbers with a better exhaust. and suggested the supetrapp 2 into1. that is his go to pipe for consistency. has proven to produce the highest numbers in all the two into 1 that he has tried and believe me there was alot of facts to prove it. talked to ken at dynojet and he told me my numbers would have been alot higher in a 6 gear pull.and there is a formula to figure that out and is going to let me know what it would have been in high gear. so apples to apples will compare to others that there dyno runs were done in high gear.

Old 06-03-2014, 08:04 PM
Suede Blue Man
HDF Community Team

Received 737 Likes on 506 Posts

Very nice, your bike is as fast as it looks!

Old 06-03-2014, 08:07 PM
target64
Outstanding HDF Member

thanks blueman

Old 06-03-2014, 08:19 PM
HD Pilot
Elite HDF Member
Received 55 Likes on 47 Posts

Big numbers for a 107 for sure, congrats! You know that I want to get new pipes also but I have heard that those Supertrapps are quiet, I'm not into loud but don't want quiet either...

Old 06-03-2014, 08:34 PM
target64
Outstanding HDF Member

alan i saw quit a few sheets that were run against other pipes bassani,d&d, propipe, rb racing etc,etc just to name a few that were tuned and than the supertrapp installed and tuned made considerable better torque across the entire power band. im talking on big bore builds not stock bikes. the only new pipe that i saw out at tuners was the new rush wrath that made nice numbers and it has a unique sound. on a built up engine.

Old 06-03-2014, 08:49 PM
HD Pilot
Elite HDF Member
Received 55 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by target64
alan i saw quit a few sheets that were run against other pipes bassani,d&d, propipe, rb racing etc,etc just to name a few that were tuned and than the supertrapp installed and tuned made considerable better torque across the entire power band. im talking on big bore builds not stock bikes. the only new pipe that i saw out at tuners was the new rush wrath that made nice numbers and it has a unique sound. on a built up engine.
Good info, does your tuner like to use the open disk on the end or no? Would think the open disk would help with the sound but maybe not the performance? May have to go to Youtube and find some videos of the Supertrapp.

Old 06-03-2014, 08:58 PM
target64
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by HD Pilot
Good info, does your tuner like to use the open disk on the end or no? Would think the open disk would help with the sound but maybe not the performance? May have to go to Youtube and find some videos of the Supertrapp.
open end cap with as many as 26 disc but i still think its quiet
don't know if its for me alan did like the sound of the rush!!

Old 06-03-2014, 09:36 PM
HD Bobber
Elite HDF Member
Received 201 Likes on 154 Posts

Target, CONGRATS!

Those are awesome numbers! Man what a badass build. That's got to be one hell of a ride on that thing. Money well spent in my book, w/o a doubt!

Old 06-03-2014, 09:54 PM
target64
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by HD Bobber
Target, CONGRATS!

Those are awesome numbers! Man what a badass build. That's got to be one hell of a ride on that thing. Money well spent in my book, w/o a doubt!
thanks bobber
if you lived closer id let u take her for a wirl around the block!!

Old 06-03-2014, 10:19 PM
Crazy
Grand HDF Member
Received 1,516 Likes on 805 Posts

That's fantastic. It also shows the reason to go with a competant tuner over an auto tune for maximum power.

Quick Reply: well guys made the 120 HP club