Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

True-track/ Sputhe question

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2014, 02:11 PM
valhalla84
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default True-track/ Sputhe question

I went on couple hundred mile ride today through the Black Forest. Finally have gotten used to how the bike handles after putting DX shocks on it and loosing some rake with Fat Bob trees. Not much chance of grinding the TH now. I did notice some instability in the corners and the shitty roads I was on. Bike just didn't track right though the sweepers. Never noticed it before because but I think its cause i never took them at the speed i did today. Get back on the Autobahn and was cruising at 110 with no issues, go to 120 and was not very stable. Would a stabilizer (Sputhe, True-track, Alloy Art) help with this?

Old 06-07-2014, 04:00 PM
kknickmeyer
Cruiser
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I have True Track on my Switchback and I think it's my best investment I've done with the bike. I do all my riding on back roads and it plants the rear end well. If I bought another Dyna it would be the first mod I'd do.

Old 06-07-2014, 04:26 PM
103 sedona orange
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 218 Likes on 190 Posts

Sputhe has been building HD stuff for years. I can't tell you which is better, but knowing all the work he puts into R&D, I would go with his. I do know him & this is just MHO. Good Luck.

Old 06-07-2014, 05:03 PM
PoCoBob
Road Master
Received 368 Likes on 145 Posts

Originally Posted by valhalla84
putting DX shocks on it and loosing some rake with Fat Bob trees.
I'm not sure if this is relevant or not

http://bikearama.com/theory/motorcyc...ail-explained/

Old 06-07-2014, 05:32 PM
valhalla84
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Trail Is at 5.68 inches. Bike is stable in a straight line up to 110 on the autobahn. Not unstable after that just floats a lot more. I am talking about on sweeping curves/ straight line back roads. Looking for more performance out of the bike jamming through gears and getting on it

Old 06-07-2014, 05:37 PM
fxdlx
Road Master
Received 97 Likes on 79 Posts

Try the new Vibra-Technics front mount firstly.

Old 06-07-2014, 06:26 PM
Davdoodles
Tourer
Received 83 Likes on 52 Posts

I put a Sputhe on mine (front and rear), thought I don't see why it would be any better/worse than the TruTrack - they essentially do the same thing, in the same way.

I absolutely recommend the stabilizers - they really do fix up a significant issue with Dynas.

To further improve the handling, I upgraded the rear shocks and added Progressive springs in the front. A cheap and significant handling upgrade.

I also installed a Superbrace but, honestly, I can't feel any difference with it and think the 49mm forks are plenty sturdy on their own (the original fender is quite solid, but the Superbrace might help if you go fender-less).

Finally, the most significant handling improvements I've found are also the simplest and cheapest: First, make sure you're running Correct Tyre Pressures - cannot emphasis this enough. Check/adjust pressures once a week, and before every longer ride. Second, keep your hands light on the 'bars. Apes in particular can lead to the death-grip as the head-wind increases, and the rider starts to fight the bike. Loose hands on the bars lets the front end do what it's designed to do...

Last edited by Davdoodles; 06-07-2014 at 06:33 PM.
Old 06-07-2014, 07:03 PM
C.J
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I did the Vibra Technics mount up front and the Sputhe in the rear. I'm very happy.

Old 06-07-2014, 10:17 PM
XFXDX
Road Master
Received 17 Likes on 7 Posts

You won't be disappointed with the piece from Sputhe. I'm sure not.

Old 06-08-2014, 03:27 AM
Harry28
5th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have the tru trac on mine and the difference is substantial in a good way. Best thing you can do to a dyna. Value for $$ wise. Mine used to try and kill me on fast sweepers etc but not anymore.. I think the Sputhe stabilzer can be found maybe $50 cheaper so I'd get a sputhe.

Quick Reply: True-track/ Sputhe question