Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Best fitment for a big man

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2014, 12:41 AM
OlChev
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best fitment for a big man

Howdy, im looking to get my first harley. Problem is i am a big man. 6ft6 280#. I really like the 72 and the street bob. If i recollect i never seen a man my size on one of those. They all seem to stick with the tour bikes, which is cool but im more attracted to the sports and dynas. Anyways if anyone rides these what size are you? Got pics?

I even thought maybe 18.5In apes and forward controls would make it more of a natural look and not looks like a giant on a clown bike..

Old 06-11-2014, 12:48 AM
jjtroutbum
Tourer

Polar near on a roller skate is what my father in laws line was back when he rode my 1200c hes every bit your size. He currently has a eglide wants his wide glide back. Really likes my sb.

sorry no pics there is a on your dyna thread around here somewhere im in it but im only 5 10.

Ride em till ya find one that talks to ya.

Old 06-11-2014, 12:56 AM
OlChev
4th Gear

Thanks for the input. Guess the best way is to just try em all on and see how it feels. But everyone wants to look good to

Old 06-11-2014, 01:00 AM
slozomby
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

your gunna feel cramped on a sporty. i do at 6'2 260

any dyna with either the further forward mids or extended forward controls will be far more comfortable. for me the fatbob and roadking are the 2 best fits.

Old 06-11-2014, 01:08 AM
OlChev
4th Gear

Originally Posted by slozomby
your gunna feel cramped on a sporty. i do at 6'2 260

any dyna with either the further forward mids or extended forward controls will be far more comfortable. for me the fatbob and roadking are the 2 best fits.
Thanks man. Appreciate the advice. I think the wide glide sounds promising. It does have the longest wheel base i beleive

Old 06-11-2014, 03:54 AM
Spud17
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm 6'4 and I ride a Wg. I have the newer style with the drag bars and I have the 3 inch extended forward controls. I also have a C&c seat that drops me down and back about an inch. It's really comfortable for me.

Old 06-11-2014, 05:44 AM
Antonio Balls
Stellar HDF Member
Received 1,645 Likes on 789 Posts
Default Road King??

A Road King may be right for you, especially if you want to take someone for a ride. While the RK has the touring suspension (air adjustable rear shocks) it still allows you to remove the windshield for the wind-in-your-face feeling. They come stock with foot boards and crash bars to which you can add highway pegs for extra comfort. You really do need to ride every bike before you buy but as the former owner of a Road King and present owner of a Super Glide I believe a guy your size would enjoy the comfort and versatility of the Road King as well as the convenience of bags. The used market is flooded with examples for you to choose from. They look cool too.

Old 06-11-2014, 05:53 AM
Iceman24
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 2,220 Likes on 1,622 Posts

I say stick with anything over 150lbs...oh, you meant bikes...

JK, seriously, go to dealer and test ride a few...we call it "bike whispering."

Old 06-11-2014, 07:02 AM
PRODUCTofNJ
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I ride a 14 Sb with mids and I'm 5 foot 7. With your being over a foot taller then me and approximately 150 pounds more, I don't see your being comfortable on a street bob, let alone a sportster. I'd look into a fat bob if your into bikes without all the bells and whistles. It comes with forward controls and sitting on it, feels like a larger bike.

Old 06-11-2014, 07:08 AM
c-note
Road Master
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Roomiest Harley's for big men: fat bob, wide glide, road glide. Probably anything other than a sportster can be modified for comfort for you with the right seat, bars an controls (or at a min hwy pegs).

Best of luck.

Quick Reply: Best fitment for a big man